Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would you apply to be a cleaner or work in a warehouse to get some extra cash?

I was hoping to get an admin job but there aren't many around.

Appreciate the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joyful_soul)

Appreciate the advice
    If it was to get some extra cash, then I would. Every little helps, even if it's something you don't particularly enjoy.

That doesn't stop you applying for administration jobs though whilst you work elsewhere - you might even gain some skills or experience doing so which you can put on your CV and take forward to your administration role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joyful_soul)

Appreciate the advice
    I currently work in a warehouse, even though it's not the job I'd love to do for many years. I only do this because I need money, even though the job itself is hard, long hours and some colleagues are crappy :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalteseMalteser)
    If it was to get some extra cash, then I would. Every little helps, even if it's something you don't particularly enjoy.

That doesn't stop you applying for administration jobs though whilst you work elsewhere - you might even gain some skills or experience doing so which you can put on your CV and take forward to your administration role.
    Applying to jobs whilst working full time is a damn pain but yeah I agree with this post

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.