The Student Room Group

Listening to music in a different language.

Scroll to see replies

Reminds me of Shindlers List. beautiful none the less.
Original post by yellowcopter
Cool, which songs do you like? I'm not a huge SNSD fan but I also like a few songs. :smile: I like Mr Mr, I Got a Boy and Gee.

Also like 2NE1 (huge blackjack) and Orange Caramel/After School if you've heard of them?

I'll be sure to check it out, I used to listen to SeoulFM to discover more K-Pop artists but haven't in a while.

Why did you have to mention Orange Caramel? I had to look them up and, well, i shouldn't like them but i kind of do. :biggrin:
Original post by Hachik0
Why did you have to mention Orange Caramel? I had to look them up and, well, i shouldn't like them but i kind of do. :biggrin:

Orange Caramel are AWESOME that's why. :biggrin:

Shouldn't like them? Why not. :tongue: It should be a law TO like them! :lol:

Which songs did you check out/like? :smile:
Orange Caramel are AWESOME that's why. :biggrin:

Shouldn't like them? Why not. :tongue: It should be a law TO like them! :lol:

Which songs did you check out/like? :smile:

Well first I'm a guy lol and secondly Lipstick. Reminds me of Eastern European music with the beat and sax and stuff.
Original post by Hachik0
Well first I'm a guy lol and secondly Lipstick. Reminds me of Eastern European music with the beat and sax and stuff.

So am I? :confused: Doesn't mean you can't like Orange Caramel?

Ah I'm not a fan of Lipstick, I prefer Catallena.
So am I? :confused: Doesn't mean you can't like Orange Caramel?

Ah I'm not a fan of Lipstick, I prefer Catallena.

Oh i didn't realise that sorry. Yeah i mean I'm going to carry on liking what i like, but you know what people are like. They think they can tell you what you can and cannot listen too.

But yeah i like Catallena just as much :biggrin:
Original post by Hachik0
Oh i didn't realise that sorry. Yeah i mean I'm going to carry on liking what i like, but you know what people are like. They think they can tell you what you can and cannot listen too.

But yeah i like Catallena just as much :biggrin:

It's fine. :tongue:

Cool. :biggrin:
It's fine. :tongue:

Cool. :biggrin:

It's got a very 80's feel to it :smile:
I love things sung in French. I did French GCSE but I don't really understand much of it unless I get the lyrics up (and even then not that much :rolleyes:). I just think it's a beautiful language to sing in.

I also love things sung in Gaelic as it is such a lyrical language in of itself.
Original post by Hachik0
It's got a very 80's feel to it :smile:

Yeah it's got quite a retro vibe, the videos quite odd though, but then that's K-Pop for you. :lol:
Yeah it's got quite a retro vibe, the videos quite odd though, but then that's K-Pop for you. :lol:

Yeah, how come KPOP groups never tour the UK, is it because they are not popular enough here?
Original post by Hachik0
Yeah, how come KPOP groups never tour the UK, is it because they are not popular enough here?

I think so. :frown: They seem to go everywhere else though. Some do, like Big Bang came to London a couple of years ago, and Super Junior came to London last year too. They seem to only come to the capital and no where else - luckily I live in London. :tongue:
I like Korean music, although I was weirded out by the amount of makeup/how feminine some of the guys were in some groups. But my favourite group is BAP at the moment.

I find it funny that I like the music because I used to think ''why am I gonna listen to something I don't understand?''
Reply 113
Any Deutsch music fans here? Such as Rammstein, Oomph, Falco and Die Toten Hosen?
Original post by Rick M
Any Deutsch music fans here? Such as Rammstein, Oomph, Falco and Die Toten Hosen?

If you look back through the posts in this thread you will find some Rammstein fans.
Reply 115
Original post by Hachik0
If you look back through the posts in this thread you will find some Rammstein fans.

Ok cool.
Reply 116
Original post by Sarrah17
YES! Rammstein are my favourite band ;D

Same :smile: which is weird since I'm no metalhead.
Original post by Rick M
Same :smile: which is weird since I'm no metalhead.

haha really? metal is my favourite genre :headbang:
Just Spanish really. I listen to it to help me with my Spanish.

It sounds beautiful.

If anyone knows any good albums feel free to post :cool:.
I'm quite a fan of foreign language songs (due to my guilty pleasure of Europop:colondollar:). I wish more of it made the charts sometimes.

Quick Reply

Latest