The Student Room Group

Is it because i'm Chinese?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mirouko
I'm an Indian living in the UK I had loads of racism from jealous people,it's the white lower class,they are jealous of our success we are doing better than them in their own country .So don't worry about it and study well.

I'm sorry to hear that people have been racist towards you, that's disgusting and shameful, but quite frankly you are a hypocrite because you make it seem like we are inferior or try to say we see you that way. NOBODY is inferior to anybody else regardless of race, gender, religion, LGBT/Straight, etc. Secondly, despite the stereotype, and speaking as a member of this group in society, not every 'white lower class' citizen including myself see you as any different to myself. There are racists in every country in the world. It's a global problem, but don't tar everybody with the same brush, because that makes you just as bad as the racists in my honest opinion

Original post by Anonymous
In honest opinion, I'm not here fishing for compliments or sympathy, this is a genuine problem that I'm having and some genuine advice would reassure me.
I'm a British born Chinese girl, 5'3 and I wouldn't say I was ugly but I'm definitely not pretty - just below average.
So having been living in the UK for all my life, I've always been a victim of racial bullying that was until I got into university. I think being called 'chinky' n all the **** has literally lowered my self esteem. And I've always felt ugly next to my friends whereby guys always choose them over me like being partners or such. i was always the one left with no partner until a friend's would feel sorry for me and be my partner. I've never really had a boyfriend, been asked out or even kissed. I've tried internet dating, but realistically, I findthey don't work out. I have penty of male friends but I always find myself friendzoned or they end up liking my friend's. I am a sociable person but its like guys never ask for my number or show any interest. I'm already 20 so I'm beginning to feel like there's something wrong with the way I look. I'm fashionable, don't wear tonns of makeup, play games, watch anime, smart. I'm currently studying a respectable degree, I drink n all that but I've literally got nothing and its making me feel like ill forever be alone.
There must be a reason why I'm getting no guys. I'm not desperate, its the fact that everyone around me can easily get someone...I've liked a few guys but they just don't return the feelings and I know it can't be forced.

OP, continue to be who you are. I wouldn't want to date someone who feels they have to be someone they're not in order to impress. Your prince charming will come along one day. Have faith, and enjoy being young. Not everyone in a relationship is happy - write down a list of cons to being in a relationship, and on the overall scheme of things you will have happier memories of your youth to share with your future kids than some of your peers - I bet some of their relationships didn't survive moving to uni etc.
England is so racist!
Original post by Clip
I haven't ever seen the Sydney Opera House in real life, but I don't doubt that it exists.

Why do you insist on denying that these girls exist when they plainly do? You must be wilfully blinding yourself to reality.

You're completely missing the point. Firstly, I'm not Cyrano de Bergerac for Asians.

Secondly, this doesn't address the Brontosaurus in the room - which is that it might be nothing to do with being Asian/Chinese/Oriental - but it might be something peculiar to yourself.

Thirdly - why £440?

You can see the Sydney Opera House if you went to Sydney since there is only of it. You can't exactly go somewhere that will guarantee you will see a white girl with an Oriental boyfriend. I haven't even seen one in the few times I have been to Chinatown in London. I only see Oriental girls with white guys and never the reverse coupling.

£440 is a lot but will not hurt me financially in the long run.
Original post by Mancini
What gibberish, it's alright to blow your own trumpet but please don't make such silly claims.

'Tis not a silly claim really, although it may be exaggerated slightly, and you being on tsr as long as you have probably should have known that - just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's gibberish and not true
Original post by Anonymous
I can empathize with you in not finding yourself attractive to others perhaps due to past experiences of racism and bullying. However , I do have one problem with your initial post it seems just like quite a few black women, you as a Chinese women growing up in the west are also obsessed with seeking validation from Caucasian men and I assume these guys who are in your circle or trying to attract are probably Caucasian males and therefor you too are excluding others from getting close to you even guys who are oriental like you.

Of course you used the excuse or reason that oriental guys not are not so open which is used so many times I am not really going to believe it, because it is just a blanket statement generalising a whole group. There also oriental guys who were born and grew up in western nations who you could get to know, who would have a more similar attitude to you.

Of course if I am wrong of you seeking only the attraction and validation of Caucasian males in a potential relationship feel free to correct me. Just remember though that if it is true you cannot complain about these men not finding you attractive since you too have your own taste in men which does not seem very open. If a male who was not of your liking lets say he was a darker skinned male probably black you probably would reject him just as the Caucasians reject you so would you not be a racist in this example? Or is it not your right to choose who you want to be in a relationship with for whichever reason?

Is there a double standard here at play? You can choose but they cannot. Everyone has tastes and different culture and they are free to be with who they want, I am not going to be so quick as to call every Caucasian male who finds you unattractive racist. It's also troubling that these same guys who you say find you unattractive and in the past perhaps were racist and bullied you are the same group of guys who you seek as a partner.

I can only guess like every other women in society it's for the same reasons the Caucasian male seen as dominant and the best example of success in these western nations, you like other women seek them out because to be with one is a sign that society has somehow accepted you , you now belong and are as worthy as any other women who is an example of western beauty.

I know this post is likely to offend others, however, it was not written to offend these are my thoughts on the initial post and if anyone wants to contest them feel free. Perhaps I am totally wrong with my assumptions and the poster is attracted to a wide variety of men although I doubt it, I will leave it to her to respond.

This is my life lol.
Original post by Mancini
What gibberish, it's alright to blow your own trumpet but please don't make such silly claims.

You really haven't looked at the black girl threads then.
It may be due to a confidence issue, and also, despite the common misconception, it is fine for YOU to approach guys. Don't worry if you get rejected, keep persisting and eventually you'll get them.

Edit: Guys are also desperate to find girls interested in the things you're into, I and most other guys would LOVE to be with a girl who's got interests like Anime and gaming, and most of all someone who is smart. Do you know many girls I know that have literally nothing in their heads? That must be the biggest turn off. How dull can some girls be to have not even pondered an idea in their lives. Smart girls with desirable hobbies are a rarity. I suspect it must be either something wrong with the way you look, or the way you carry yourself.

If you want, please PM me a picture of your face or a whole body shot, I'll objectively tell you what's going wrong and what you're doing right with no bull**** or exaggeration. If it is an attraction issue, you can overcome it by increasing other traits to increase your desirability.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by Lightwave
It may be due to a confidence issue, and also, despite the common misconception, it is fine for YOU to approach guys. Don't worry if you get rejected, keep persisting and eventually you'll get them.

Edit: Guys are also desperate to find girls interested in the things you're into, I and most other guys would LOVE to be with a girl who's got interests like Anime and gaming, and most of all someone who is smart. Do you know many girls I know that have literally nothing in their heads? That must be the biggest turn off. How dull can some girls be to have not even pondered an idea in their lives. Smart girls with desirable hobbies are a rarity. I suspect it must be either something wrong with the way you look, or the way you carry yourself.

If you want, please PM me a picture of your face or a whole body shot, I'll objectively tell you what's going wrong and what you're doing right with no bull**** or exaggeration. If it is an attraction issue, you can overcome it by increasing other traits to increase your desirability.

Don't the OP he sounds suspicious.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by Mirouko
I'm an Indian living in the UK I had loads of racism from jealous people,it's the white lower class,they are jealous of our success we are doing better than them in their own country .So don't worry about it and study well.

Mainly chavs/uneducated people discriminate against Indians, mainly because a lot of Indians here are high achievers and do well at school. Otherwise it's the usual clash of cultures - British and Indian values tend to be quite different. Apart from that, racism is worse against Muslims, so maybe ignorant people mistake Indians for muslims.....
Reply 89
I find Chinese girls to skinny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChickenMadness
I know some. And have seen more in my travels. Also I've had white gfs so theres that.

But you're mixed so that ruins your argument. You love racist threads huh? :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arieisit
But you're mixed so that ruins your argument. You love racist threads huh? :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

doesn't ruin my arguement because i made 3 seperate points lol.

and ye lol
Reply 92
It's not your fault the op , but the fault of the native of this country .They are very racist against non whites.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by Mirouko

Well said!
I'm 18 in a couple of months and I was born and bred in the UK but I am of Pakistani descent and suffer a lot of racism. I couldn't care less as it's from all these lower class people who are just full of jealousy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by qasim_96
I'm 18 in a couple of months and I was born and bred in the UK but I am of Pakistani descent and suffer a lot of racism. I couldn't care less as it's from all these lower class people who are just full of jealousy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think its jealousy tbh, just ignorance... I dont think they wish to be of Pakistani origin lol. I'm black I get abit I guess but not so blatant racism. They may talk to me funny or give me dirty looks, end of the day my body language says it all so most people wont even attempt to be directly racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by qasim_96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here I'm 15 , I had loads of racism from Black and white youths both from low class families...... They are jealous of our money and that we are doing better than them , without being born here....
Original post by Ana81
I find Chinese girls to skinny.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chinese girls are fit!
Reply 98
This girls very pretty :smile:

Reply 99
Original post by MidnightDream
'Tis not a silly claim really, although it may be exaggerated slightly, and you being on tsr as long as you have probably should have known that - just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's gibberish and not true

Are you kidding me? Did you read what she wrote? She claimed every website she has been on labels women like her, black women as undesirable of course it's a silly claim and definitely exaggerated it's just the sort of ridiculous line that continues to portray black women as low self esteem.

I have seen websites criticising black women's looks and within the same websites there will be people with positive comments about black women so yes it is a silly claim.

Also once again a black women focusing purely on her physical attributes you seem to have a problem looking beyond your physical selves, men could easily not want to be with a woman because she has not got a nice personality. Problem with women like you and her are you enjoy playing victim any attention is good attention with you.

Like I said I have seen such criticisms of black women and at the same time I have read positive comments about black women, so yes it makes her words gibberish and partly untrue.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending