Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think BBC is being biased on Palestine conflict? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Discuss!

ReputationRep:
    A little bias but if you want severe bias check out CNN and Fox News.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. What is there to show on the israeli side?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    BBC itself? Nah.

BBC reporters? Everyone's human. It's kinda hard to write an article on something so decisive, opinions of individual journalists are always going to bleed through from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    I don't watch the BBC, I watch RT but I do know that Israel has never like the BBC.

ReputationRep:
    bias?

BIAS??

It's BIASED!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so really. Reporting on casualties is pretty much what journalists in the field do, there's not a whole lot else they can do. Since practically all the casualities are on the Palestinian side and standing next to collapsed blocks of flats is only possible on the Palestinian side, that's what journalists will show you. I mean logically what sells more, journalist standing their talking about Israeli politics, or reporter standing next to collapsed school with 15+ dead including kids?

Seems a real mess though, UN says Israel denied them the co-ordinates of this school with thousands of civilians sheltering in and said they wouldn't give them a four hour window to evac them if it was a potential target. Israel says they told them and gave them a four hour window....

....someone is telling lies.

ReputationRep:
    The BBC is very much labour orientated and so in this case they are bias against Israel even though any rational person would side with Israel. This is why the daily mail is the most read media site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    The BBC is very much labour orientated
    It's pro-establishment regardless of the party in power.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares ?

Anyone getting their information only from the BBC, and also believing it, are failed to begin with.

twitter, internet forums, youtube are even better than the BBC.

ReputationRep:
    The BBC is very much labour orientated and so in this case they are bias against Israel even though any rational person would side with Israel. This is why the daily mail is the most read media site.
    Umm...yeh...it is not because it is has turned into an Online Gossip rag that posts as many celeb articles as possible.

ReputationRep:
    No its Pro Israel remember when Tony Benn exposed them himself what a legend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxCN7YiliQw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtorevise127)
    No its Pro Israel remember when Tony Benn exposed them himself what a legend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxCN7YiliQw
    I agree they are really biased however many journalists that are there currently have changed their pro-israel stance after seeing the suffering.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashraf549)
    Discuss!
    I disagree, and I'm glad someone made this thread, because I didnt want to do yet another political rant on facebook. Any way, the way I see it is that the BBC reports the facts.

A few people on my facebook were saying "Oh the BBC is biased towards Israel" yadda yadda, and I tell them that it's not because of x, y and z

"But I havent seen that" That's what you get if you only source of "news" comes from viral facebook posts, who claim that there's bias at the BBC

Theres a few things on Facebook saying "Oh look the BBC didn't cover this" Share a million times...And if someone bothers to do a google search, the BBC did cover it, but are sometimes perhaps a bit ****ty with how they report things - Being ****ty doesnt mean that they have bias

That being said their live broadcast wasn't too bad

There's plenty of people who accuse the BBC of having a pro Palestinian bias as well, without looking at the reports "I didnt see it, therefore it must be biased"

The way I see it is, if both the left wing and the right wing - or both pro Palestine people and pro Israel people complain then imo, theyre doing a good job of trying to be neutral

The BBC also supposedly "hate Muslims and Palestine" yet it was the BBC who aired this:

amongst various other documentaries...

All it takes is one Google search, to see exactly how the BBC covered the story

ReputationRep:
    Troll!

ReputationRep:
    In general, the BBC, as with most British TV news, tends to cover international conflicts relatively devoid of context in favour of Oh-Dearism. The most it will talk about are very recent status quo changes which don't really provide a full scale explanation.

In the case of Palestine, this means that factors like the occupation will often go unmentioned, because they've been present for quite a long time and get 'normalised'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katrina1)
    Troll!
    Thats a bit uncalled for. I would never troll on a forum such as this

ReputationRep:
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

ReputationRep:
    It's taken you all this time?

I refuse to watch BBC news.

ReputationRep:
    The BBC has a very heavily pro-Israel Bias.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.