Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    A tigress eh, grrr
    My mum say's I'm "terrifying".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I had a period whereby I could only go to sleep when I was listening to some hardcore East German rock. Thankfully, it has now passed.
    Thats rather a particular affliction. How strange.

Jewel - Nobody never got anywhere without trying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    do it like 5-10mins before you go into bed.....tell me tomorrow if it worked!!

it does with me
    How most perculiar. Eating cheese before bed did indeed preempt a dream which i remembered.
    Obviously this may just be coincidence and basing any conclusion on 1 test would be pointless however I intend to conduct a small test or randomly eating cheese or not eatig cheese over the next week to see if there is any visible connection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    How most perculiar. Eating cheese before bed did indeed preempt a dream which i remembered.
    Obviously this may just be coincidence and basing any conclusion on 1 test would be pointless however I intend to conduct a small test or randomly eating cheese or not eatig cheese over the next week to see if there is any visible connection.
    LOL so tried it out then :cool: i couldnt find any cheese yesterday My 5day dream of being a terrorist target has ended :eek: dreamless sleeps abit boring, but actually makes you less tired than before so thats gd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    LOL so tried it out then :cool: i couldnt find any cheese yesterday My 5day dream of being a terrorist target has ended :eek: dreamless sleeps abit boring, but actually makes you less tired than before so thats gd
    Yes I tried it, It also meant I didn't get up till 11 30 maybe another link
    I am intrigued to know if there is a link of if it is just a placebo effect however for me to find out I'd have to get someone to feed me placebo cheese.

ReputationRep:
    told you!!!!

as you said it may just be a coincidence but its quite interesting nonetheless

ReputationRep:
    My mum did biblical hebrew at uni. One night my dad awoke to hear her speaking it in her sleep. He thought she was possessed and told her that she was lucky that he didn't have a stake at hand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJ)
    My mum did biblical hebrew at uni. One night my dad awoke to hear her speaking it in her sleep. He thought she was possessed and told her that she was lucky that he didn't have a stake at hand!
    My teacher once said that one has truly mastered a language when one finds oneself dreaming in that language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    My teacher once said that one has truly mastered a language when one finds oneself dreaming in that language.
    I shall tell my mum this - I daresay that it will make her feel a lot better about the incident!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    how do you dream in a language? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    how do you dream in a language? :confused:
    People talking in dreams.

ReputationRep:
    well......we all dream in english because we are english (most of us) and, for example, people from france dream in french because they are french.....however the hypothesis suggests that when an english person can dream in french or another language then they have really mastered that language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    well......we all dream in english because we are english (most of us) and, for example, people from france dream in french because they are french.....however the hypothesis suggests that when an english person can dream in french or another language then they have really mastered that language.
    Exactly.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.