Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I wait til 1st August before buying a used car? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello lovely people! I have my eye on a 1 year old Toyota Aygo in an official Toyota dealership for £6295. I was going to buy it tomorrow, but my dad said that if I wait til next week when the new cars come out, the price will drop. Does anyone know how much the price would drop by? This car is so perfect for me and I'm scared somebody else will come and buy it but at the same time it seems crazy to pay more just because I don't want to wait. What should I do?!

ReputationRep:
    The 2nd generation ones come out soon (guessing on August 1st) So the first generation ones will probably drop in price then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LinzyLoo)
    Hello lovely people! I have my eye on a 1 year old Toyota Aygo in an official Toyota dealership for £6295. I was going to buy it tomorrow, but my dad said that if I wait til next week when the new cars come out, the price will drop. Does anyone know how much the price would drop by? This car is so perfect for me and I'm scared somebody else will come and buy it but at the same time it seems crazy to pay more just because I don't want to wait. What should I do?!
    As it isn't a limited edition car and it is unlikely at that price it is the best ever deal of the century there isn't any harm in waiting if you are not in a hurry for a car.

Also closer to month end dealers tend to want to clear their forecourt.

As for the new Aygo having an impact on the pricing, the effects has mostly taken effect. Toyota resale values generally don't fall when a new model is released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    As it isn't a limited edition car and it is unlikely at that price it is the best ever deal of the century there isn't any harm in waiting if you are not in a hurry for a car.

Also closer to month end dealers tend to want to clear their forecourt.

As for the new Aygo having an impact on the pricing, the effects has mostly taken effect. Toyota resale values generally don't fall when a new model is released.
    I thought also though that people will be trading in their old car for the new ones so the dealerships will find themselves with lots of used cars coming in and will want to get rid of some beforehand to clear some space??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.