Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is my internet like this? Its so wrecked up Watch

ReputationRep:
    Moved house a few weeks ago and internet has started to go haywire.

I checked out my connection to see how many bytes I was receiving/sent and I go this:

Does my IPv6 connectivity have anything to do with this? Any ideas?

Thanks people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)

I checked out my connection to see how many bytes I was receiving/sent and I go this:

Thanks people
    Don't see much point in hiding your SSID.

Regarding the bytes received they're normal, as for the sent, well that's another story.

Is this the only device on your network that is suffering from terrible internet?

EDIT: I would like to take my time to congratulate you on your creative use of the windows utilities :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    Don't see much point in hiding your SSID.

Regarding the bytes received they're normal, as for the sent, well that's another story.

Is this the only device on your network that is suffering from terrible internet?

EDIT: I would like to take my time to congratulate you on your creative use of the windows utilities :thumbsup:
    Right cool.

Yh it seems to be the only one, I asked my bro and his laptops completely fine. Any idea why I'm sending so much?

And thank you my friend <3

ReputationRep:
    Right cool.

Yh it seems to be the only one, I asked my bro and his laptops completely fine.

And thank you my friend <3
    The first thing I'd recommend is downloading Malwarebytes, CCleaner and running a scan on your system for potential malware, sometimes malware can cause this issue.

If the results are clean, then one assumption is that possible windows updates are being fetched and therefore using a lot of traffic, they're known to do this. If this is the case you may want to install a firewall and configure it, see if there's any improvement, if no improvement

Then I'd download TDIMon or Wireshark on the affected computer, these tools can be useful for inspecting TCP and UDP traffic on the computer.

The first two suggestions are likely to be cause for all this haywire

ReputationRep:
    The first thing I'd recommend is downloading Malwarebytes, CCleaner and running a scan on your system for potential malware, sometimes malware can cause this issue.

If the results are clean, then one assumption is that possible windows updates are being fetched and therefore using a lot of traffic, they're known to do this. If this is the case you may want to install a firewall and configure it, see if there's any improvement, if no improvement

Then I'd download TDIMon or Wireshark on the affected computer, these tools can be useful for inspecting TCP and UDP traffic on the computer.
    Just some more info - my Norton antivirus refused to open, then it blocked access to google chrome and other internet browsers. It wouldn't even uninstall or delete. After going through alot of rubbish I finall deleted it >.<

I shall do as you so, thanks for the advice - I appreciate it
    Lets see how this goes.

ReputationRep:
    Just some more info - my Norton antivirus refused to open, then it blocked access to google chrome and other internet browsers. It wouldn't even uninstall or delete. After going through alot of rubbish I finall deleted it >.<

I shall do as you so, thanks for the advice - I appreciate it
    Lets see how this goes.
    One final piece of advice, uninstall Norton, it's just a complete burden for any computer user. I'd suggest getting Avast, or even Panda Security.

ReputationRep:
    One final piece of advice, uninstall Norton, it's just a complete burden for any computer user. I'd suggest getting Avast, or even Panda Security.
    Ahead of ya on that one. Got Avast after I deleted Norton

ReputationRep:
    Ahead of ya on that one. Got Avast after I deleted Norton
    Make sure you remove the registry entries that Norton's has created as well.. Wouldn't want that burden Avast

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you remove the registry entries that Norton's has created as well.. Wouldn't want that burden Avast
    Will google how to find and destroy. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Will google how to find and destroy. Thanks!
    http://www.ehow.com/how_6392872_dele...stry-keys.html

ReputationRep:

:yy::yy::yy::yy:

ReputationRep:

:yy::yy::yy::yy:
    Haha, this made me choke on my drink

ReputationRep:

Thanks people
    Seeding anything?

Got fileshares on your LAN that people are using? That count includes all of your LAN-bound traffic, as well as the internet-bound traffic. :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    I think you might need to buy a new toaster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Seeding anything?

Got fileshares on your LAN that people are using? That count includes all of your LAN-bound traffic, as well as the internet-bound traffic. :fyi:
    I've been seeding things on bit torrent for months, took them off now now. Not sharing any files tho.Thanks

(Original post by Dilsz)
    I think you might need to buy a new toaster
    Maybe, we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    I've been seeding things on bit torrent for months, took them off now now. Not sharing any files tho.Thanks

Maybe, we'll see.
    Never use torrents my friend. They are really bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    X
    Out of curiosity, how good is Networking/Security at Coventry?

(Getting a list of good places to study an MSc in either Networking or Security)

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, how good is Networking/Security at Coventry?

(Getting a list of good places to study an MSc in either Networking or Security)
    I don't really know I'm afraid. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know I'm afraid. :erm:
    You study there?

ReputationRep:
    You study there?
    I graduated 3 years ago.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.