Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tablets for University / Reading - Need Help & Advice! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I'm starting University in September and will be studying Events Management, I was wondering if anyone could advise if a Tablet is worth a purchase for use within my course? (Or any university) this includes reading through the Kindle App.

I'm not to sure what I want however I'm not looking to spend any more that £150.00, I have an iPhone & MacBook Pro however see no point in forking out for an iPad, I do not however want to be lugging my laptop around all the time when I may not have too.

I do also run a business which is partially funding my time at university so would also be used for certain elements of business use also.

Can anyone recommend a good tablet?

Kindle Fire, Samsung Tab, Google Nexus? These are a few I've been told to look at but I'm not sure...

Thank-You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranDJ)
    Hi All,

I'm starting University in September and will be studying Events Management, I was wondering if anyone could advise if a Tablet is worth a purchase for use within my course? (Or any university) this includes reading through the Kindle App.

I'm not to sure what I want however I'm not looking to spend any more that £150.00, I have an iPhone & MacBook Pro however see no point in forking out for an iPad, I do not however want to be lugging my laptop around all the time when I may not have too.

I do also run a business which is partially funding my time at university so would also be used for certain elements of business use also.

Kindle Fire, Samsung Tab, Google Nexus? These are a few I've been told to look at but I'm not sure...

Thank-You
    I personally have an ASUS MeMO pad, it's an ugly little thing, but it does do what I need it to.

I'll keep it basic..

10 hour battery life making it ideal for university.
    SuperNote Lite, it's been a lifesaver when needing to make notes and I intend to keep using it for university.
    Polaris Office, which is capable of modifying MS Office documents, it's good when I'm planning my assignments.

I believe it's budgeted at £129

ReputationRep:
    Get the Google Nexus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranDJ)
    Hi All,

Thank-You
    They are ok, though only useful for powerpoints, etc playing games and so on, watching tv, etc
    Though they lack in some aspects, e.g. word processing, etc

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.