The Student Room Group

Two hour execution in USA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28460647

I mean seriously?

How can it take 2 hours to execute someone? A few minutes high dose of helium would do it or a massive dose of opiates.

I hear the family arguing that they went through hell so who cares.

I would say if society chooses to use that as a bar and partake in barbaric and torturous practises like this, it is questionable if society is any better.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Beheading would be better , than a 2hour execution.
Blame all those do-gooder anti death penalty people for this. A bullet to the head would be instant, but no they rather disallow such methods and force more "humane" methods such as lethal injections that have a higher chance of going wrong. Making those drugs difficult to get hold of makes the situation worse.
Original post by markyb76

I mean seriously?

How can it take 2 hours to execute someone? A few minutes high dose of helium would do it or a massive dose of opiates.

I would say if society chooses to use that as a bar and partake in barbaric and torturous practises like this, it is questionable if society is any better.

It's disgusting, the practice should be banned outright - that's what EU countries are trying to achieve by banning the supply of certain chemicals.

I mean seriously?

GOOD I HOPE IT HURT

they need to do this for all executions

Slow and painful

Posted from TSR Mobile
You wouldn't put a dangerous dog through a 2 hour death. Take them outside, put a couple of bullets in the back of their head and be done with it.
Reply 7
Original post by Pro Crastination
It's disgusting, the practice should be banned outright - that's what EU countries are trying to achieve by banning the supply of certain chemicals.

It's not our place to interfere with the democratic decisions of another country. The will of the people in the US is to retain the death penalty. We have no right to mess with that.
I don't agree with the death penalty. That aside, I believe a bullet to the head is more humane than the lethal injection. I find it disgusting that he was alive for two hours. Something is obviously massively wrong here.
Original post by Drewski
It's not our place to interfere with the democratic decisions of another country. The will of the people in the US is to retain the death penalty. We have no right to mess with that.

So let's just abolish all foreign policy, then? Seeing as that involves trying to influence other countries.
Original post by Drewski

It is our right to stop supplying the chemicals and to urge them to end the death penalty.
Original post by Pro Crastination
So let's just abolish all foreign policy, then? Seeing as that involves trying to influence other countries.

There's a difference between influencing and imposing our values on countries who's people have chosen a different path.
It wasn't right the way it happened, but my sympathies lie with his victims.
Original post by james22
It is our right to stop supplying the chemicals and to urge them to end the death penalty.

Urging is different to coercing.
I think what they've done is horrible and inhumane.

However if I was part of the victims family I would have no remorse.
Should have shot his **** off and let him bleed to death- he was a double murderer for God's sake! The same should happen to paedophiles.
Original post by Drewski

We're not pointing any missles at them, that's coercion, it's just a matter of making things difficult as a means of voicing our objections. We have no obligation to supply a thing to any other country, we choose to, so surely we have a right to choose what we supply?
(edited 9 years ago)

Who cares?
Original post by Drewski

And while the USA is executing people it is perfectly acceptable to coerce them into ending it.
Reply 19
Original post by Sephiroth
Blame all those do-gooder anti death penalty people for this. A bullet to the head would be instant, but no they rather disallow such methods and force more "humane" methods such as lethal injections that have a higher chance of going wrong. Making those drugs difficult to get hold of makes the situation worse.

Agree.

Quick Reply

Latest