Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it morally right for the israelis to go into gaza, with their state of the art def Watch

ReputationRep:
    defence systems, i.e. iron dome, intercepting 99.7% of missiles and the magic wand backing it up, and the Arrow missile system to back that up? Are israel only going in to show that they aren't scared and showing that they dont care about the loss of civilian lives? They have one of the best military equiptment (with usa being its supplier)

ReputationRep:
    Is it ok to shoot someone who throws rocks at you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truths)
    You mean long range rocket powered rocks with explosive warheads?

ReputationRep:
    You're so right. Let's have a reverse arms race. Let's all try and use worse weapons that our enemies. That'll work. If everyone does it, then eventually we'll be solving our differences with a game of fives.

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty much like the is it okay to hit a women if she hits you first argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    You're so right. Let's have a reverse arms race. Let's all try and use worse weapons that our enemies.
    I didn't even mention offensive weapons. When brought with a logical argument, Israel supporters can not justify their position.

ReputationRep:
    The best defence is a good defence. No wait, that isn't it...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Solution)
    defence systems, i.e. iron dome, intercepting 99.7% of missiles and the magic wand backing it up, and the Arrow missile system to back that up? Are israel only going in to show that they aren't scared and showing that they dont care about the loss of civilian lives? They have one of the best military equiptment (with usa being its supplier)
    Hamas started the fight and Israel are punishing then for it. I fully support the eradication of Hamas and Gaza city being an autonomous State within Israel.

Im really not sure why anybody would be against the expansion of a broadly western country when the alternative is a terrorist State.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    You mean long range rocket powered rocks with explosive warheads?
    I hope you are not referring to those long range rocket powered rocks that are yet to kill a single target.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Hamas started the fight and Israel are punishing then for it. I fully support the eradication of Hamas and Gaza city being an autonomous State within Israel.

Im really not sure why anybody would be against the expansion of a broadly western country when the alternative is a terrorist State.
    The immediate trigger for the escalation was the kidnapping and killing of three Israeli teenagers in the West Bank on 12 June 2014. The Israeli government accused Hamas, arrested over 200 Hamas members in the West Bank and closed down organisations affiliated with Hamas.

To Hamas, the clampdown seemed politically motivated to eradicate its presence in the West Bank. The available evidence suggests that the kidnapping had not been authorised by Hamas' political leadership but seemed to be the work of members of a powerful Hebron clan, with a history of carrying out rogue attacks in opposition to the Hamas leadership.

Israel responded by halting peace talks with the Fatah-led Palestinian Authority (PA) and announcing an expansion to Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank, telling Fatah it had to choose between peace with Israel and peace with Hamas.

The second underlying development is the increased hardship Gaza has experienced since the closure of the tunnels to Egypt.

With unemployment already over 40%, reconstruction all but halted, and exports down to 3% of pre-blockade levels before 2013, the closure of the tunnels led to a severe worsening of the situation, with fuel shortages leading to regular power cuts affecting hospitals, schools and the already failing water and sewerage systems. Hamas's ceasefire requests are not being met, too.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you are not referring to those long range rocket powered rocks that are yet to kill a single target.

Israel is responding with laser guided smart rocks so its evens.

ReputationRep:
    If a crazy group of people started firing rockets at the U.K. we would **** them up. So yes it is justified in every way.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Look at the US army vs the afghan army.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedswest)
    If a crazy group of people started firing rockets at the U.K. we would **** them up. So yes it is justified in every way.
    How about you read up on why rockets were being fired?

ReputationRep:
    Its perfectly justifiable considering hamas is launching rockets aiming at civilians in Israel.

If you work hard you get better stuff? sounds fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Israel is responding with laser guided smart rocks so its evens.
    Israeli Shells Hit Group Of Children 'Playing Football On Gaza Beach', Four Dead

But that's none of my business.

ReputationRep:
    How about you read up on why rockets were being fired?
    I do know completely about the situation in the middle east and the question was " Is it morally right for the israelis to go into gaza with their state of the art defence systems".

The answer is yes, they are under attack and just happen to have a stronger military and defence system. The question is not questioning the actual reasons behind the middle east conflict.

ReputationRep:
    Is it ok to kick the person with rocks out of their home, kill their family, then place them in a jail cell? And continue to oppress them?

And you wonder why the Palestinians are mad..

ReputationRep:
    Thats very sad for their families and I hope they receive support from their friends and family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedswest)
    If the situation was like what is shown in this image below (which is what happened to Palestine), and Israel had been oppressing and murdering your loved ones for the past 60 years, wouldn't you be pissed off?

Attached Images

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.