Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A bit of fun or stupid mistake? Watch

The reason why I put this anonymously is because I'm not sure how people will feel about this..

I'm 18 and going to university in September. I took a year out to have fun, work and spend time with family and friends. I recently got in contact with a 28 year old who lives about an hour away. Basically he wants a night and a weekend together...I've kinda guessed what he had in mind. He's a really nice guy and I know it will just be a bit of fun. There's apart of me that really wants to go..its something I've never done before, its new, exciting and it will be harmless fun...on the other hand I don't know what will happen and its something I wouldn't usually consider..

What does everyone else think? have anyone else done this?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see anything wrong with it tbh, I've done it before! It your only looking for fun then go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If it's fun you're after then go for it. Just be careful though.

ReputationRep:
    Hey why did you get in contact iin the first place also only you can decide for yourself if it's the right thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever met him? In principle go for it, but if you've never met I'd be careful - you don't know what he could be like and he could be dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    I would be concerned about spending a weekend with someone who I don't know very well. If you go and agree to spend the time with him and decide that you don't want to be intimate with him, do you know that he will take no for an answer?
    I know that's rather extreme, but you don't really want to be putting yourself in a harmful situation.

It may be worth meeting up with him in public places first - if he only lives an hour away and really likes you, he should be willing to do this!

Also, you're off to uni soon and will want to be having fun there, and long distance probably isn't the best way to start a relationship!

ReputationRep:
    He's going to destroy you be careful love.

Wait what Nate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What if he's like a psycho though? Otherwise I would say yes.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you're safe, I don't see any problem. Go and get your leg over

Thank you for the advice! It's helped so much

Thank you for the advice! It's helped so much

Luckily enough he said about meeting me at the train station and go for a chinese or something first, this is a good sign right?

He has began asking questions like, what will you say to your parents? (I live with my parents) should I be concerned or just stop reading into everything?

Sorry I'm just nervous haha

I think he's too old for you and you shouldn't go. Sure consenting adults can have just fun, but at 18 a lot at that age nave little sexual experience

ReputationRep:
    If you're confident that you can emotionally detach yourself from what hassle MIGHT come after then go and get some dihk girl. Just make sure he ain't no creep. And don't do anal hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Trust your instinct, do what you want to do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.