Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I didn't make it the open day but before booking for the next one I wanted to see what current students think.
    1. What is the psychology department like?
    2. How expensive is it there.
    3. What is the accommodation like?
    4. How hard is it to find accommodation after first yeat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I didn't make it the open day but before booking for the next one I wanted to see what current students think.
    1. What is the psychology department like?
    2. How expensive is it there.
    3. What is the accommodation like?
    4. How hard is it to find accommodation after first yeat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I love it. My ex-housemate just graduated with a degree in psychology and she loved it.

It is quite expensive because Brighton is a nice place to be.

There is a range of on campus accommodation from skanky but cheapish to nice but expensive.

Finding accommodation after first year is easy. I believe there are still available houses now - which is very late for student accommodation.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    I love it. My ex-housemate just graduated with a degree in psychology and she loved it.

It is quite expensive because Brighton is a nice place to be.

There is a range of on campus accommodation from skanky but cheapish to nice but expensive.

Finding accommodation after first year is easy. I believe there are still available houses now - which is very late for student accommodation.
    Thanks. Also do you know how expensive it is to join clubs and society's as im told you have to pay in most places

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Thanks. Also do you know how expensive it is to join clubs and society's as im told you have to pay in most places

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This gives you a list of societies and they all say how much they cost: http://www.sussexstudent.com/societi..._of_societies/

This is a list of clubs (the prices for these are at least half the full year price since these are for only the second term): http://www.sussexstudent.com/sport/c.../sports_clubs/

It's cheaper than a lot of places to join a sports club because you don't have to join the gym before you can do a sport.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This gives you a list of societies and they all say how much they cost: http://www.sussexstudent.com/societi..._of_societies/

This is a list of clubs (the prices for these are at least half the full year price since these are for only the second term): http://www.sussexstudent.com/sport/c.../sports_clubs/

It's cheaper than a lot of places to join a sports club because you don't have to join the gym before you can do a sport.
    Thanks you've been a great help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Thanks you've been a great help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's ok. You got any other questions?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That's ok. You got any other questions?
    Erm is it more research or teaching based? And is it more labs or office's? Oh also whats transport like how easy is it to walk into town or get into the countryside around the area?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Erm is it more research or teaching based? And is it more labs or office's? Oh also whats transport like how easy is it to walk into town or get into the countryside around the area?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know that much about the psychology department so I can't answer that.

It's piss easy to get onto the downs from campus as it's surrounded by them on three sides. You can't really walk into town (it's about 4 miles) but you could easily cycle or get the bus (which goes every 5 mins weekdays during term time).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't know that much about the psychology department so I can't answer that.

It's piss easy to get onto the downs from campus as it's surrounded by them on three sides. You can't really walk into town (it's about 4 miles) but you could easily cycle or get the bus (which goes every 5 mins weekdays during term time).
    Ok thanks you've really made me want to visit now. Thats all I wanted to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Ok thanks you've really made me want to visit now. Thats all I wanted to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's really nice here. I came to visit, fell in love and never plan to leave.

ReputationRep:
    Sussex (as a campus) is quite 60s and not that 'pretty' so to speak. But if you look past that it's really great. My sister's there doing french and italian, she loves it.The accommodation varies from very cheap and old e.g. east slope, and there is also some nicer stuff but you get what you pay for really. It's all decent.

As for Brighton itself, it's AMAZING. so much to do and see, not like any other uk city at all! I would definitely recommend it, I live there and have done for 5 years, still not bored of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeniB)
    Sussex (as a campus) is quite 60s and not that 'pretty' so to speak. But if you look past that it's really great. My sister's there doing french and italian, she loves it.The accommodation varies from very cheap and old e.g. east slope, and there is also some nicer stuff but you get what you pay for really. It's all decent.

As for Brighton itself, it's AMAZING. so much to do and see, not like any other uk city at all! I would definitely recommend it, I live there and have done for 5 years, still not bored of it!
    It depends what you mean by pretty. The buildings take some getting used to but I love brutalism now. But the campus is very green and is lovely in Spring and Summer. There are flowers all over campus in Spring and it feels really nice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.