Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise

I am a as retake and was planning on doing pharmacy all this time but after a work experience placement at a hospital I decided to do physiotherapy.

My only concern is I only have that one week work experience for physiotherapy and it was meant to be a general work experience but I spent practically all my time shadowing the physios so on the letter i got to prove the placement says it was a general one.

Im already at a disadvantage due to retaking so do i stand a chance?

I got CDEE first time around Gcse's A-BIO A-CHEM A-PHYSICS B-MATHS B-ENG LANG C-ENG LIT C-GEOG C-RE

Hoping to get AAB OR ABB this time round

And I'm hoping to apply to St Georges (which is my number one option), Brunel, University of East London

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Kind of irrelevant I guess but what made you decide you want to do physiotherapy instead, curious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinaPars)
    Kind of irrelevant I guess but what made you decide you want to do physiotherapy instead, curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just cant see my self doing Pharmacy for the rest of my life. I enjoy studying about the antinomy and physiology side of the human body and I think I was doing pharmacy for all the wrong reasons. I can see myself being more happy doing a job that I'll enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCommentator)
    I just cant see my self doing Pharmacy for the rest of my life. I enjoy studying about the antinomy and physiology side of the human body and I think I was doing pharmacy for all the wrong reasons. I can see myself being more happy doing a job that I'll enjoy.
    Okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    why is no one responding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCommentator)
    why is no one responding?
    [QUOTE=TheCommentator;48721115]Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise

I am a as retake and was planning on doing pharmacy all this time but after a work experience placement at a hospital I decided to do physiotherapy.

My only concern is I only have that one week work experience for physiotherapy and it was meant to be a general work experience but I spent practically all my time shadowing the physios so on the letter i got to prove the placement says it was a general one.

Im already at a disadvantage due to retaking so do i stand a chance?

I got CDEE first time around Gcse's A-BIO A-CHEM A-PHYSICS B-MATHS B-ENG LANG C-ENG LIT C-GEOG C-RE

Hoping to get AAB OR ABB this time round

And I'm hoping to apply to St Georges (which is my number one option), Brunel, University of East London[

As long as you can relate to all walks of life within your work experience, it doesn't have to be all physio related. The admissions department understand how hard it can be to get any shadowing, so my advice would be to do volunteering, say in a nursing home, so you can show empathy, and help empowering the residence to make their own informed choices, and maybe be the British Red Cross, as they need people to do massarges for people that have been through a lot of stress. I also helped at a disabled school and helped out at sporting events. Also, email any private practices and ask them if you can go in for an informal chat. They may not be able to let you shadow them, but this shows you are going out of your way to see what they do. ( I did that, and the physio was so impressed they wrote a letter to the admission board!) ALso, is there anyone in your family that needs physio? I went to all family appointments when I could.
    I am a mature student, and I didn't do Alevels, I just completed an access course. I only applied to one uni, and I got a place, ( and I got rubbish GCSE grades too) so this will hopefully show you, it's not all about grades, but having a passion for the job, and getting yourself out there. Good luck, and I hope I have helped x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.