Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you use the same powder to set your foundation AND concealer? Help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Everytime, I watch makeup videos on yt, most of the girls use a seperate powder to set their foundation and concealer. Is this necessary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Everytime, I watch makeup videos on yt, most of the girls use a seperate powder to set their foundation and concealer. Is this necessary?
    It's not necessary but it's personal preference really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    It's not necessary but it's personal preference really
    If I use a face powder for my entire face, will it ruin the concealer?

ReputationRep:
    It depends if you use the concealer to camouflage dark spots or whatever then use the same powder u used for the foundation and when u use it to highlight for example your t -zone (chin/nose bridge / forehead) you use a concealer that is lighter or brighter than your skin tone (depends for which area you use it for) u should use for those areas a different powder for example u can use white powder

But it's optional u don't hav to do that
    hope this was helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimi007)
    It depends if you use the concealer to camouflage dark spots or whatever then use the same powder u used for the foundation and when u use it to highlight for example your t -zone (chin/nose bridge / forehead) you use a concealer that is lighter or brighter than your skin tone (depends for which area you use it for) u should use for those areas a different powder for example u can use white powder

But it's optional u don't hav to do that
    hope this was helpful
    Will it look really weird if you apply one powder to your entire face?

ReputationRep:
    If I use a face powder for my entire face, will it ruin the concealer?
    If you just brush the face powder on then yea it will but if you dab the face powder on the parts with concealer on it; then it won't crease

Also use a translucent powder the coloured powders add extra coverage to your face make-up especially if you have a full coverage foundation so it will make you look cakey! But blend the powder in as if you don't, you're left with a white face!

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't... I don't know who you've been watching on YouTube but the likes of Tanya Burr, Pixiwoo, Zoella, Sprinkle of Glitter etc only use one. Face powder is for setting your makeup and taking away shine that's all.

ReputationRep:
    I also just use the one powder on my face, never had any problems with it.

ReputationRep:
    I just use one powder, a translucent one, all over my face and dab it on concealed areas like my undereyes.

ReputationRep:
    I use one powder on my whole face to set the foundation and concealer, i don't think it looks weird at all, i don't think i know anyone that does it differently but it's whatever works better for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serena20)
    I use one powder on my whole face to set the foundation and concealer, i don't think it looks weird at all, i don't think i know anyone that does it differently but it's whatever works better for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    I just use one powder, a translucent one, all over my face and dab it on concealed areas like my undereyes.

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    I also just use the one powder on my face, never had any problems with it.

No it doesn't... I don't know who you've been watching on YouTube but the likes of Tanya Burr, Pixiwoo, Zoella, Sprinkle of Glitter etc only use one. Face powder is for setting your makeup and taking away shine that's all.

Do you girls know whether or not you can still contour without using a highlighter as well?

I'm new to this stuff

ReputationRep:
    Do you girls know whether or not you can still contour without using a highlighter as well?

I'm new to this stuff
    I'm also pretty new to contouring :P I personally use eye shadows for contouring, I use a non shimmering light-medium brown eye shadow for the shadow contouring and a very pale pink and a small amount of white non shimmering eye shadow to highlight.

If you use glittery ones it can look a bit weird or obviously done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I'm also pretty new to contouring :P I personally use eye shadows for contouring, I use a non shimmering light-medium brown eye shadow for the shadow contouring and a very pale pink and a small amount of white non shimmering eye shadow to highlight.

If you use glittery ones it can look a bit weird or obviously done.
    Do you have to contour AND highlight? Or can you just contour without highlighting

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to contour AND highlight? Or can you just contour without highlighting
    You can do either/ or in my opinion. Sometimes I just contour but i do very little highlighting anyway so it doesn't make much difference for me.

ReputationRep:

I'm new to this stuff
    I've contoured without highlighting a few times but if i do this i normally make sure my foundation has a "dewy" finish because i don't like my whole face looking matte. Sleek do a good highlighting and contouring kit if you're looking for a good affordable one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I'm new to this stuff
    Yeah totally! If i feel like contouring i'll just use bronzer (not that crap orange kind though), but you can get really cheap highlighters. I have the one from Bodycare that's a benefit high beam dupe and it was only £2 i think.

ReputationRep:

I'm new to this stuff
    Yeah you can I use Honey Bronzer by Body Shop!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can I use Honey Bronzer by Body Shop!
    Do you use highlighter?

ReputationRep:
    Do you use highlighter?
    Nope I only contour and use blusher!

ReputationRep:
    No it wouldn't look weird

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.