Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody,

So my English Language teacher wants me to start thinking about what I want my hypothesis to be for my a2 level English Language coursework. I have no idea what to do! I have thought about doing:
    The comparison between men and women's descriptive language but I have no idea how I would carry this investigation out.

I have thought about linking the coursework with a Psychology type side as I am looking at doing Psychology at University.

Any suggestion will be helpful, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booknerd26)
    Hey everybody,

So my English Language teacher wants me to start thinking about what I want my hypothesis to be for my a2 level English Language coursework. I have no idea what to do! I have thought about doing:
    The comparison between men and women's descriptive language but I have no idea how I would carry this investigation out.

I have thought about linking the coursework with a Psychology type side as I am looking at doing Psychology at University.

Hey, hope you've made some progress since you posted this... but if you're still looking there are some really good resources on TSR that might help http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/lear...ptive+language

I particularly like this essay on how men and women use language in online dating profiles http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/m/as...-websites.html

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booknerd26)
    Hey everybody,

Hey, I've just finished my English language A level (waiting for results day) and I loved it so much but the coursework was the hardest part (I'd say). Your idea sounds great by the way, examiners prefer topics that are interesting and are a bit different. You could use questionnaires and target a specific age group...maybe you could compare (male and female) children's story writing and see if there's anything in that? I think the topic itself does have potential as you could refer to gender theories and so on.

I hope this has helped!

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering whether the comparison between the political language and ideas used in modern rock songs and the language in political speeches would be a good idea/good enough to get a good grade?

ReputationRep:
    or the comparison between the language used in boys tv shows and girls tv shows?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.