Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HI

I am a student waiting for my A-level results which will be released soon, I have initially applied for the Mathematics Bsc at Nottingham university and I am pretty sure I am going to miss my offer for this,my question is that is there any chance of me getting into Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation course on results day by calling Nottingham university up? (as I heard that I can be able to do a maths bsc after the foundation year)

and also how likely is it for the Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation course to be available on clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elephantdon)
    HI

I am a student waiting for my A-level results which will be released soon, I have initially applied for the Mathematics Bsc at Nottingham university and I am pretty sure I am going to miss my offer for this,my question is that is there any chance of me getting into Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation course on results day by calling Nottingham university up? (as I heard that I can be able to do a maths bsc after the foundation year)

and also how likely is it for the Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation course to be available on clearing?
    On the entry criteria section of the course page on the website it says that for the physical sciences pathway (this includes maths) students with the correct combination of A-levels for direct entry will not be considered for this course and so if you do A-level maths you are able to go in by direct entry so you won't be considered according to the website for the foundation year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elephantdon)
    HI

yeah as madmadmax321 said you are not eligible for the course. Another thing is that on the website it says they only have 24 places for home students (though it might be for both home and international student) But when I went to an open day last year they said they are thinking about increasing the number of places for offer( if I remember correctly it was either 100 or 120)

So since the website doesn't seem to be updated, maybe they have changed the entry criteria from last year hence if I were you I would contact them to make sure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.