ReputationRep:
    I'm studying... Maths, chemistry, philosophy and ethics, and history.

I'm interested in... Food, sleeping...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hello and welcome to The Student Room!

Can I assume you are taking A levels? If so, you should definitely take a look at the Results Page and go through to whichever section is appropriate!

You should also check out the subject forums as well as the Interests & Hobbies as its a real good way to meet new people with similar interests!

I hope you enjoy your time here and should you need any assistance please feel free to let me know via PM/quote!

(Original post by MiniR)
    I'm studying... Maths, chemistry, philosophy and ethics, and history.

I'm interested in... Food, sleeping...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Hello and welcome to The Student Room!

Can I assume you are taking A levels? If so, you should definitely take a look at the Results Page and go through to whichever section is appropriate!

You should also check out the subject forums as well as the Interests & Hobbies as its a real good way to meet new people with similar interests!

I hope you enjoy your time here and should you need any assistance please feel free to let me know via PM/quote!
    Thanks very much ^_^ I am indeed studying A-levels - I've finished my AS exams and will be going into Year 13 in September!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniR)
    Thanks very much ^_^ I am indeed studying A-levels - I've finished my AS exams and will be going into Year 13 in September!
    I've also just finished AS's - not really looking forward to results day :/
    Good luck with it though, I'm sure it'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    I've also just finished AS's - not really looking forward to results day :/
    Good luck with it though, I'm sure it'll be fine!
    Hahaha, yep, I'm in the same boat as you!
    Last year I wasn't even in the country though, I had to wait 15 days before getting my GCSE results, so this year will be an improvement (I hope anyway).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniR)
    Hahaha, yep, I'm in the same boat as you!
    Last year I wasn't even in the country though, I had to wait 15 days before getting my GCSE results, so this year will be an improvement (I hope anyway).
    Ahh, I was away as well, but luckily my school post them on a pupil page for each pupil so I could look them up online

This year I;m doing work experience when they come out though, and not staying at home so that could be an interesting phone cool home...

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that's a really good idea. My school makes you come in and get them, and if you're not there then they just post them.

What are you doing for work experience? and I would just wait and tell my mum face to face XD I couldnt do it over the phone!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniR)
    Ah, that's a really good idea. My school makes you come in and get them, and if you're not there then they just post them.

What are you doing for work experience? and I would just wait and tell my mum face to face XD I couldnt do it over the phone!
    Ah, waiting for them to be posted sucks...

I'm working in a branch at Barclays for two weeks, but I'm staying with someone in London, and so wont be going home and my parents will want to know before then... Anyway, after about 24 hours or something the parents can then view their children's results as well... so i may as well tell them...

ReputationRep:
    Ah, waiting for them to be posted sucks...

I'm working in a branch at Barclays for two weeks, but I'm staying with someone in London, and so wont be going home and my parents will want to know before then... Anyway, after about 24 hours or something the parents can then view their children's results as well... so i may as well tell them...
    It really does suck. I was worried my mum would open the envelope before I was even home XD

That's really cool! What are you going to be doing there? Shadowing an accountant or something?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniR)
    It really does suck. I was worried my mum would open the envelope before I was even home XD

That's really cool! What are you going to be doing there? Shadowing an accountant or something?
    Honestly, I have no idea - my sister's boyfriend's mum sets up quite a lot of stuff for work experience, so apparently I get to shadow loads of different people - should be cool

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I have no idea - my sister's boyfriend's mum sets up quite a lot of stuff for work experience, so apparently I get to shadow loads of different people - should be cool
    Ah fair enough, it does sound interesting though. Do you want to go into banking and that sort of thing, or is it just random work experience?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniR)
    Ah fair enough, it does sound interesting though. Do you want to go into banking and that sort of thing, or is it just random work experience?
    I'm looking to Economics & Finance for uni and then go into the city, so yeh useful

What about you??? any ideas for courses you want to do?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I want to do Maths and Accounting or Maths and Finance, or a combination of all of them - there's quite a lot of choice for that sort of thing though!

Have you decided on a uni yet, or are you still looking?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniR)
    Yeah, I want to do Maths and Accounting or Maths and Finance, or a combination of all of them - there's quite a lot of choice for that sort of thing though!

Have you decided on a uni yet, or are you still looking?
    Ahh that's awesome! I've looked at Nottingham, and going to look at Warwick and Southampton maybe... but no, haven't really decided tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I was looking at Southampton, but my sister suddenly decided to go there, so that's out...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.