Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In advance I apologise for the crudeness and tmi of the following :-)
    I have a really itchy vagina - right around it. I did have sex without a condom a week prior, which before has caused a little soreness but not like this. Itchiness is really intense at times! But not like when I've had thrush before, no burning pee or anything else abnormal.
    I also wear a thing sometimes which again does irritate the area sometimes especially while doing sports, but not so much as now- have retired it for now
    Admittedly had a good scratch on impulse and now it's a little inflamed and starts to bleed a tiny bit when wiping, think it's just opening up scratches :/

But anyway, wondering if anyone could hypothesise what it could be? Not really urgent enough for me to bother bringing up with my GP. Not like thrush from what I've experienced. Or just general remedies to stop it
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a really itchy vagina - right around it. I did have sex without a condom a week prior, which before has caused a little soreness but not like this. Itchiness is really intense at times! But not like when I've had thrush before, no burning pee or anything else abnormal.
    I also wear a thing sometimes which again does irritate the area sometimes especially while doing sports, but not so much as now- have retired it for now
    Admittedly had a good scratch on impulse and now it's a little inflamed and starts to bleed a tiny bit when wiping, think it's just opening up scratches :/

But anyway, wondering if anyone could hypothesise what it could be? Not really urgent enough for me to bother bringing up with my GP. Not like thrush from what I've experienced. Or just general remedies to stop it
    Thanks.
    It sounds like me when i get thrush.
    Ultimately, go get checked at a clinic, regardless of what it is theyll be able to tell you or help you with the itchyness. I.e. i find it painful to have sex so they gave me anastetic (mad i know).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just because its not exactly like thrush you've had before, it doesn't mean that isn't what it is. Getting some cream and seeing if it helps wouldn't hurt.

The other thing that springs to mind could be a latex allergy from the condom, repeatedly irritated by scratching. You can develop an allergy even if you've been fine before.

Hi! Thanks guys, completely just realised that it was UTIs I had before, not thrush.
    So yes I think it annoyingly is, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Try camomille tea . Dont put anything on it as in cream or anything. You need to boil the tea and put the teabag on your vagina . Make sure its not too hot . You can also make a cup of tea without milk and drink it . Its called cleaning the body from inside out. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

(Original post by Magessen)
    Try camomille tea . Dont put anything on it as in cream or anything. You need to boil the tea and put the teabag on your vagina . Make sure its not too hot . You can also make a cup of tea without milk and drink it . Its called cleaning the body from inside out. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.
    Thanks. Yeah not too keen on getting the cream from pharmacy as read it's not great. Will try that thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Yeah not too keen on getting the cream from pharmacy as read it's not great. Will try that thank you
    The creams actually really good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thanks.
    Sounds like thrush or possibly BV (bacterial vaginosis) your best option would be to go to a clinic to get checked as they can also tread you for BV or thrush as well as ruling out the chance of sti's

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.