The Student Room Group

Getting caught with no lights. - help please

I passed my test two weeks ago, and it was my 2nd/3rd time of driving home late at night. The town center was quite busy tonight as a football game had been on and there were a few police cars about. Unfortunately I got pulled over literally 20 seconds after I began driving for not having any lights on.
The policeman was very polite and although understood that I had just started driving, still had to take my details. I now don't know however if I got a warning or am away to get a fine through the door. I have a feeling there are no penalty points, but I have no idea what sort of night the policeman had previously. So am wondering what the normal procedure is that they go through
Reply 1
Generally, if you cooperated with the policeman and it all went smoothly, you might get lucky and it could just be a warning.

The only way you'll know if you got a fine, is if one pops through the post. It's a waiting game pal. But honestly, i wouldn't fine you for having your lights off especially if you're new.

Quick Reply

Latest