Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied for Student Finance in January and my application had been approved by February. I sent the declaration and even received my entitlement letter by the end of February.

At the time of applying my course fee was £8000 and that is the amount has been approved for my Tuition Fee Loan. However, now my course fee has changed and it is now the full £9000.

I called SFE and informed about this change. The advisor on the phone told me that he will make the change for me over the phone and so I wont need to complete the Change of Circumstances form, and it will take up to 6 weeks for my application to update again.

It has been just over 6 weeks now and I've received no new update, no response. Please help?

Also, I am currently not in the UK, so if I am required to call SFE again then what number should I call on?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hello

As long as you requested the maximum amount of loan it would be updated automatically by your university. If you specified £8000, you can update through your online account. Under the 'change your application option', there is an option to change your tuition fee loan. Follow the instructions, apply for the maximum and it will be updated.

Colleagues can't request more on your behalf, apologies if you were given incorrect information.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.