Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've recently read the first book in the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series, but I've lent out the second novel 'A Clash of Kings'. Can you get away with moving straight on to 'A Storm of Swords'?

I'm all up to date with the TV series too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh_Bowskill)
    I've recently read the first book in the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series, but I've lent out the second novel 'A Clash of Kings'. Can you get away with moving straight on to 'A Storm of Swords'?

I'm all up to date with the TV series too!
    I wouldn't recommend it as you'll miss out in so much detail that just doesn't make its way into the TV Series, but I guess you could give it a shot...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No no no no. You can't skip books, ESPECIALLY with this series. There's so much detail, and some parts of the plot have been jumbled around or just left out together, so you'd be missing out on a lot. Plus, A Clash of Kings is probably one of the best in the series.

It does help that you're up to date with the TV series though, so if missing details doesn't really bother you, then that's okay.

I started A Feast for Crows (book 4) about a month ago, and got about 100 pages in. When I tried to return to it, I had no idea what was going on, and I'm now rereading the series to cure my withdrawal from the TV series.

ReputationRep:
    Clash of kings is the best one in the series. You'd be a fool to skip it.
    (Original post by jaydamber)
    No no no no. You can't skip books, ESPECIALLY with this series. There's so much detail, and some parts of the plot have been jumbled around or just left out together, so you'd be missing out on a lot. Plus, A Clash of Kings is probably one of the best in the series.

It does help that you're up to date with the TV series though, so if missing details doesn't really bother you, then that's okay.

I started A Feast for Crows (book 4) about a month ago, and got about 100 pages in. When I tried to return to it, I had no idea what was going on, and I'm now rereading the series to cure my withdrawal from the TV series.

This.

ReputationRep:
    I sped through A Clash of Kings in 3 days...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. I shouted at my mum for missing out a few sentences. No. You may not miss a book! Haha

ReputationRep:
    no bad idea. You will have no idea what is happening and some characters might die as George likes killing and will not know about it.

ReputationRep:

Feast for crows is easily the worst book out of the series so far but it isn't necessarily that bad. You just need to power through it, took me about a week or two with all the other books but Feast took me near on a month and a half. So many new story lines, character etc. to get your head around.. but it gets better as it goes along especially with the Cersei story line and the Greyjoys are very interesting! If anything, have Dance with Dragons as an incentive to finish Feast.. Dance is easily my favorite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanC611)
    Feast for crows is easily the worst book out of the series so far but it isn't necessarily that bad. You just need to power through it, took me about a week or two with all the other books but Feast took me near on a month and a half. So many new story lines, character etc. to get your head around.. but it gets better as it goes along especially with the Cersei story line and the Greyjoys are very interesting! If anything, have Dance with Dragons as an incentive to finish Feast.. Dance is easily my favorite.
    I've heard a lot about Feast being bad and that's what sort of put me off in the first place. But I'm getting really into the series again, having a hard time at the moment and easy to escape with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've heard a lot about Feast being bad and that's what sort of put me off in the first place. But I'm getting really into the series again, having a hard time at the moment and easy to escape with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Feast being bad is so overhyped. I get bored easily but I found it alright. But I just couldn't make myself read the ironborn chapters I particularly liked the Dorne storyline. I think that and Arya's chapters were the highlights. The three Arya chapters more than make up for the horrendously boring Brienne chapters (I love her but dear god her chapters are so dull!)

ReputationRep:
    Youll be missing out on me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stannisbaratheon)
    Youll be missing out on me
    Stannis is a big cry baby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    Feast being bad is so overhyped. I get bored easily but I found it alright. But I just couldn't make myself read the ironborn chapters I particularly liked the Dorne storyline. I think that and Arya's chapters were the highlights. The three Arya chapters more than make up for the horrendously boring Brienne chapters (I love her but dear god her chapters are so dull!)
    Christ don't get me started on Brienne. Her last two chapters were okay though I thought, something actually happens instead of her walking around the area between saltpans and Maidenpool mistrusting every male person she sees.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.