Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I have to say this, its not cool to diss someone coz of their religion. That was nasty. I think the term is Desriminatory.

true, its more to do with ignorance and arrogance.

ReputationRep:
    Its blatant nastyness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximusmak)
    urmm yes, io mean u dont noeed to sholw up your ignornace here ma'am, for gods sake i cant beleive the way you actually calculated it, you have to add up all the calculations, go learn your maths then come to me and talk, your the ignorant, and his the teacher, so listen and learn.
    Ok. This is why you are stupid. You're assuming he's right. I promise you I'm right. I can even prove it to you. If he cannot get a simple calculation right, how the hell is he supposed to know the meaning of life? Please, this guy is an idiot. Save yourself by thinking for yourself instead of accepting some crap just because you want to believe. Don't accept things to be true just because you think they are, or just because they haven't been proved not to be true. Criticise and analyse, that's how to live a fuller life. I was brought up to a fairly religious background however I did not just accept what I was taught as you are clearly willing to, I thought about it, I looked at the evidence, now I lack any form of religion. I'm not suggesting that you should have the same results but maybe just give your life a bit of thought. Incidentally, I dreamt about pink, flying elephants last night. This has to be true because you cannot prove it otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that these boards can attract a wealth of intelligent, coherent people, yet some threads such as this one are mainly populated by contributors who can't even type a legible sentence?

"I think the term is Desriminatory"

"well, it shows how ignorant some theories can get, and how ignoranr people asre, av u heard his crisism, thank u, end of discusiion with you"

"for gods sake i cant beleive the way you actually calculated it, you have to add up all the calculations, go learn your maths then come to me and talk, your the ignorant, and his the teacher, so listen and learn"

"it better then ****in your own mother and catchin AIDS!!!"

WHAT!? Nobody is going to take you seriously until you learn some BASIC grammar and typing skills. Hell, nobody can even understand you let alone consider your opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Ok. This is why you are stupid. You're assuming he's right. I promise you I'm right. I can even prove it to you. If he cannot get a simple calculation right, how the hell is he supposed to know the meaning of life? Please, this guy is an idiot. Save yourself by thinking for yourself instead of accepting some crap just because you want to believe. Don't accept things to be true just because you think they are, or just because they haven't been proved not to be true. Criticise and analyse, that's how to live a fuller life. I was brought up to a fairly religious background however I did not just accept what I was taught as you are clearly willing to, I thought about it, I looked at the evidence, now I lack any form of religion. I'm not suggesting that you should have the same results but maybe just give your life a bit of thought. Incidentally, I dreamt about pink, flying elephants last night. This has to be true because you cannot prove it otherwise.
    are you trying to say that after you die your gone, finsihed, thats all, what the hell is your purpose of life, no purpose at all, well let me tell u sumin, if you think you aint got no purpose then u aint more worth then a pen cuz tht pen has a purpose, and its to write with, whiclst you have no purpose. so whos more valuable you (who aint no purpose of life) or the pen ( who has a perpose) ill leave that to the wise people to answer.

ReputationRep:
    are you trying to say that after you die your gone, finsihed, thats all, what the hell is your purpose of life, no purpose at all, well let me tell u sumin, if you think you aint got no purpose then u aint more worth then a pen cuz tht pen has a purpose, and its to write with, whiclst you have no purpose. so whos more valuable you (who aint no purpose of life) or the pen ( who has a perpose) ill leave that to the wise people to answer.
    No, I have more worth than a pen. You don't though.

ReputationRep:
    right, im a muslim and i think this guy is an idiot. Its people like him that give our religion a bad name. Youre actually not that bad maximus ive seen worse, but seriously you have no right to force your opinion on other people or blatantly say that they are wrong. I know you say that youre not trying to convert people ..... but you are !! i doubt you would be very chuffed if a buddhist for example came in here and pestered you to listen to something that would change your life etc. Well thats what you are doing! i know you believe in whatever that tape says passionately , there is nothing wrong with that, im a muslim and i believe in my faith too, but keep it to yourself and get a life !! there are better things to talk about. People dont give a crap about stuff like this and are not going to get influenced, they'll only get annoyed at Islam. so basically shut it and get a life !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HasanB)
    right, im a muslim and i think this guy is an idiot. Its people like him that give our religion a bad name. Youre actually not that bad maximus ive seen worse, but seriously you have no right to force your opinion on other people or blatantly say that they are wrong. I know you say that youre not trying to convert people ..... but you are !! i doubt you would be very chuffed if a buddhist for example came in here and pestered you to listen to something that would change your life etc. Well thats what you are doing! i know you believe in whatever that tape says passionately , there is nothing wrong with that, im a muslim and i believe in my faith too, but keep it to yourself and get a life !! there are better things to talk about. People dont give a crap about stuff like this and are not going to get influenced, they'll only get annoyed at Islam. so basically shut it and get a life !
    there is nothing in life more worthy to me then a disbeliever of islam turning to the truth and excepting islam.

if your a muslim then do know that if you not convey the word of Allah then you are not practising your relgiion. i mean, let me ask you this, do u pray 5 times a day? do u fast all the month of ramadan?

ReputationRep:
    there is nothing in life more worthy to me then a disbeliever of islam turning to the truth and excepting islam.

if your a muslim then do know that if you not convey the word of Allah then you are not practising your relgiion. i mean, let me ask you this, do u pray 5 times a day? do u fast all the month of ramadan?
    if ur such a good muslim urself then how about not instigating hatred between people because thats all ur threads are doing at the moment

ReputationRep:
    if someone offered you to become this leader of this world with any and every wealth which you desire, and in return u obey him for a time, will you you obey him or not. that is what islam provides you. something which no other religion can give, beliveve me if you hear this tape (by a convert or should i say a revert, from christianity to islam)
    Great, more rubbish religious bias. Religion claimed everything revolved round the Earth. When was it proven wrong? When scientists proved it wrong. Religion claimed the Earth was flat. When was it proven wrong? When scientists proved it wrong. Religion claimed that man and the Earth were created in 7 days about 6000 years ago. Again, proven wrong by science. Religious history is full of totally idiotic made up assertions that have been proven wrong whenever there is the possability to.

You guys don't have a very good track record do you? And now you're at it again. Funny how the only claims religious people have made which aren't proven wrong are the ones that were designed so they couldn't be proven wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Great, more rubbish religious bias. Religion claimed everything revolved round the Earth. When was it proven wrong? When scientists proved it wrong. Religion claimed the Earth was flat. When was it proven wrong? When scientists proved it wrong. Religion claimed that man and the Earth were created in 7 days about 6000 years ago. Again, proven wrong by science. Religious history is full of totally idiotic made up assertions that have been proven wrong whenever there is the possability to.

You guys don't have a very good track record do you? And now you're at it again. Funny how the only claims religious people have made which aren't proven wrong are the ones that were designed so they couldn't be proven wrong.
    which religion r u talking about in particular

ReputationRep:

Okay, before I was amusing myself my mocking your stupidity, now your just annoying me immensely. You are anti other religions, you offend people of your own religion, you have insulted my mathematical ability (my calculation was RIGHT, dumbass), you refuse to think for yourself, you can't speak English, your arguments lack logic and when someone makes a counter-argument, instead of confronting it you just move onto something else, you seem to have no regard for science, you are seemingly trying to develop some sort of weird, Islamic cult, you have no respect for other people's beliefs, you hang on the words of nutcases, you talk about things you don't understand, you are narrow-minded and you are an idiot. Now **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Right
    I'm a Christian
    But everyone knows that the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42
    According to Deep Thought the computer built by mice
    Anyway
    If the whole point of this is to convert people
    Then as long as you live a virtuous, self- denying, life
    And try not to sin a lot
    Then how can any god get in a stress with you?
    I am probably completely wrong
    Oh dear
    But how can the god expect you to know which is the right one?

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid to bring this into this discussion
    So what does 'maximusmax' think of Bin Laden?
    I'm just curious
    Does he think that he was bad?
    I don't actually know that much about Islam
    except for R. E.
    where we just learn
    The 5th pillar of Islam is Haj
    *Next*
    The symbol of Christianity is the cross
    Now
    Geography
    What is a rain forest?
    Oh I hate my school
    Half my teachers patronise me
    Because they refuse to accept that the may not even exist and may be a figment of my imagination
    And if all you understand 'a brief history of time'
    then you can back me up when i say that light doesn't necessarily travel in straight lines
    but oh no
    'it always does'
    'ignore her'
    This is our wonderful eeducation system:
    child get's grade A* - C
    make league tables look good
    NEXT
    sorry
    I shall have to join that keeping threads on subject group

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    I'm afraid to bring this into this discussion
    So what does 'maximusmax' think of Bin Laden?
    I'm just curious
    Does he think that he was bad?
    I don't actually know that much about Islam
    except for R. E.
    where we just learn
    The 5th pillar of Islam is Haj
    *Next*
    The symbol of Christianity is the cross
    Now
    Geography
    What is a rain forest?
    Oh I hate my school
    Half my teachers patronise me
    Because they refuse to accept that the may not even exist and may be a figment of my imagination
    And if all you understand 'a brief history of time'
    then you can back me up when i say that light doesn't necessarily travel in straight lines
    but oh no
    'it always does'
    'ignore her'
    This is our wonderful eeducation system:
    child get's grade A* - C
    make league tables look good
    NEXT
    sorry
    I shall have to join that keeping threads on subject group
    I like your stream of consciousness style!

ReputationRep:
    y does anyone ahve 2 bring up bin laden or terrorism when someone starts a conversatiion about islam!
    for eg- i think that israelies and different then jews- coz israelies terrorize ppls lifes but jews are just following a relgion
    ppl can be so ignorant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mittow)
    y does anyone ahve 2 bring up bin laden or terrorism when someone starts a conversatiion about islam!
    for eg- i think that israelies and different then jews- coz israelies terrorize ppls lifes but jews are just following a relgion
    ppl can be so ignorant
    Apparently so :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mittow)
    ppl can be so ignorant
    It's kinda hypocrtical to make a crude, unfounded generalisation in post complaining about people making crude, unfounded generalisations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Apparently so :rolleyes:
    islam is just a religion- like christianity and juadism, and like islam they are ppl who like 2 terrorise ppls lives, there are ppl like this in every religion but the truth is that the worlds media is controlled by Americans- which i could also call Isrealies or Jews
    i arnt sayying all the amerians are Jews- there are some nice ones but in this world the media controlles everything- and unfortunatly every one believes the media!
    an example is- i truely believe that the twin towers were bombed has something to do with USA- 1/2 of the ppl killed were Arabs
    as an arab my self i believe that everythng that USA is doing is wrong, i cant belive wot da Isrealies are doing, and 2 tell u da truth i cant imagine wot the world is going 2 turn into
    where when u enter a shop, or even walk down the street u have 2 feel like u dont belong here etc etc
    anyway i think i betta stop now! i could go on 4 eva
    lol
    cya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    Right
    I'm a Christian
    But everyone knows that the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42
    According to Deep Thought the computer built by mice
    Anyway
    If the whole point of this is to convert people
    Then as long as you live a virtuous, self- denying, life
    And try not to sin a lot
    Then how can any god get in a stress with you?
    I am probably completely wrong
    Oh dear
    But how can the god expect you to know which is the right one?
    you are completely wrong. they werent actually mice. that was them being clever. but i like your style.

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.