Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the scholarships at SOAS have contacted their candidates yet? "End of July" is just so open ended and I'd just like to know if I didn't make it.... The waiting is worse than the news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella.M)
    Does anyone know if the scholarships at SOAS have contacted their candidates yet? "End of July" is just so open ended and I'd just like to know if I didn't make it.... The waiting is worse than the news!
    I've moved your thread to the SOAS section of tsr

ReputationRep:
    thank you for your help

ReputationRep:
    I feel your pain! *sigh*

The funding dept. at SOAS told me last week that they "believe the majority of SOAS Scholarships have been awarded - it will depend on the information on the relevant Scholarship webpage regarding when the notification dates are". The one I'm waiting on also says "end of July", so that response was neither here nor there.

I then tried emailing scholarships directly for a straight answer. I'm sick of admin staff telling me to look on their damn websites (this is not just a SOAS thing, of course). They haven't responded (I sent the email on Wednesday evening).

ReputationRep:
    I am definitely eligible for the Progression Award and I have not heard anything. I emailed to ask when I would hear and was told it would not be until after A Level results day.

ReputationRep:
    Tried contacting scholarships dept. again. Another automated response. They are now closed until the 31 July due to graduation ceremonies.

ReputationRep:
    This is such BS. Really I just want to know. All the scholarships I applied for say "end of July" so useless. Decided I'm only going to wait till the 31st then give up completely. Its too bad too cuz I really wanted to go to SOAS. I just cant afford it. International status is the worst.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

SOAS Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered SOAS ThreadsFind out what student life in London is really like in students' own wordsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other SOAS applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.