Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay I am seeing this chap for a while he's been my closest friend as I have no other friends and for last three years we've been seeing each other which has had it's ups and downs

But sadly due to being attacked a while back I developed PTSD and depression and now three years on I am still getting flash backs and my body shakes and it's like I am reliving it over and over again. Every time I see him, I am great but even being on the sofa watching telly leaves me feeling shaking, panicking and believing the attacker is in the same room as as me.

The thing is it's really affecting my mental health and it's affecting his as I miss cuddling up to him and he misses me a lot. He even said that he misses me and it leaves me feeling very depressed.

I feel like ending the relationship to protect my mental health and well being as well as his but I am struggling as the last time we split up it severely affected both of our health. I became more suicidal and he also became very unwell.

I am going to see counsellor from nhs shortly in then next couple of months as that's nhs life. Referrals take ages! That's my problem, I have months before I see them and I feel like ending the relationship with Graham and restart when I am better as I can't cope with the PTSD and the problems it's causing me. But I know that graham will say all the usual *******s, get help from counselling you will feel better in his usual everything is black and white bull****. Even though I have a put a referral into therapy for you. What does he expect me to do, go to the office screaming and crying and try and jump queue

Nightworld1066

ReputationRep:
    Oh no you've just given us his name. Please don't expect us to be hunting him down.

Name aside, do you honestly feel that he understands your condition and knows how to look after you?

ReputationRep:
    He kinda does understand the situation and knows more about it but sometimes it's like he changes his mood around me.

One minute he will really helping me getting me through it and the next I will be down or really blunt and to the point

Nightworld1066

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.