Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone have/is studied/studying at Sandwell Central Sixth Form? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wondering what its going to be like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmosandy)
    Wondering what its going to be like
    I study there! What subjects will you be doing?

It's gonna be different this year because the new building will be just the sixth form, which is probably good because there's more space and subjects don't have to share rooms.

We do have good teachers but independent learning is encouraged a lot, and they do expect a lot especially cause it's quite new so they need to establish a good reputation. There's a probation period in the first four weeks and they ask some people to leave but if you do the work there's nothing to worry about.

It's pretty fun and there's a variety of people. There's lots of events in the main college too and sports teams if you're into that. I would recommend going

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grx_)
    I study there! What subjects will you be doing?

It's gonna be different this year because the new building will be just the sixth form, which is probably good because there's more space and subjects don't have to share rooms.

We do have good teachers but independent learning is encouraged a lot, and they do expect a lot especially cause it's quite new so they need to establish a good reputation. There's a probation period in the first four weeks and they ask some people to leave but if you do the work there's nothing to worry about.

It's pretty fun and there's a variety of people. There's lots of events in the main college too and sports teams if you're into that. I would recommend going

Posted from TSR Mobile

I missed my IGCSE Exams so BTEC Level 2 Sport+ IGCSE's @ home.. what are you doing?+have you spoken to any btec level 2 people? are they nice?

ReputationRep:
    I missed my IGCSE Exams so BTEC Level 2 Sport+ IGCSE's @ home.. what are you doing?+have you spoken to any btec level 2 people? are they nice?
    So will you be joining the college in the same campus then? The really big one? I'm sorry I don't know anyone on that course but it's a really friendly place, I found that I got used to it pretty easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grx_)
    So will you be joining the college in the same campus then? The really big one? I'm sorry I don't know anyone on that course but it's a really friendly place, I found that I got used to it pretty easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guessing you're doing a-levels? and yeah!!!

ReputationRep:
    Guessing you're doing a-levels? and yeah!!!
    Yes I am! Goodluck in September!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grx_)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!&You!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grx_)

Posted from TSR Mobile

may I also ask, is there anyone on your a level course thats 17/19.

ReputationRep:
    may I also ask, is there anyone on your a level course thats 17/19.
    I started my AS at 17 and I will be turning 19 in my A2 year. There were others as well who transferred from other colleges or retook the year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grx_)
    I started my AS at 17 and I will be turning 19 in my A2 year. There were others as well who transferred from other colleges or retook the year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes me feel alot better! Thankyou! Good luck for your results!

ReputationRep:
    Makes me feel alot better! Thankyou! Good luck for your results!
    No problem! You too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grx_)
    No problem! You too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By any chance did you do psychology, Im starting central sixth and im trying to do the pshychology assesment and its needs to be 2 pages long and ive only been able to write half a page !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilDragon)
    By any chance did you do psychology, Im starting central sixth and im trying to do the pshychology assesment and its needs to be 2 pages long and ive only been able to write half a page !!!
    Hello! Sorry I didn't take psychology but a lot of my friends did so if you have any specific questions, I can ask them for you. Don't worry too much about the summer work, it's more of an aptitude test, I think the probation work they give after you've actually started is more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grx_)
    Hello! Sorry I didn't take psychology but a lot of my friends did so if you have any specific questions, I can ask them for you. Don't worry too much about the summer work, it's more of an aptitude test, I think the probation work they give after you've actually started is more important.
    Thanks! Could you ask if agentic theory includes the autonomous state please.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Could you ask if agentic theory includes the autonomous state please.
    I was told that the Milgram study proposed the agency theory which includes agentic state and autonomous state. I hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grx_)
    I was told that the Milgram study proposed the agency theory which includes agentic state and autonomous state. I hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!
    No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi since it's been open for a while now, is this college any good and are the teachers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ouatislifex)
    Hi since it's been open for a while now, is this college any good and are the teachers?
    Sorry, I only stayed their for a month and it was awful. It has a reputation and it was literally full of gang members. ( no lie) ( Sandwell College)

I don't know about Sandwell Central Sixth as it's a different campus and has a totally different curriculum seperate to Sandwell College ( its A-Levels and Sandwell College is btec, totally different campus, education, teachers & students) but appreantly the entry requirements were higher than those of other sixth forms in the area... this reply might have made it too late for you but yeah. ( Central Sixth has a good reputation).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grx_)
    No problem! You too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe ask them to help you, if there's still online lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.