Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Urgent HELP needed!! (freezer problems) Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This may seem a silly question, but my freezer has gone from its usual -18c up to -9c within an hour. I've tried chipping away the ice blocking the door (the door closes tightly enough, I checked), looking for the thermostat (couldn't find it) but nothing seems to work, the temp just keeps rising. I don't want to plug/unplug anything as its a friend's freezer and I don't want to break it, but does anyone know what I could do to stop the freezer temperature from going up (otherwise the food in the freezer will go bad) Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysmile)
    This may seem a silly question, but my freezer has gone from its usual -18c up to -9c within an hour. I've tried chipping away the ice blocking the door (the door closes tightly enough, I checked), looking for the thermostat (couldn't find it) but nothing seems to work, the temp just keeps rising. I don't want to plug/unplug anything as its a friend's freezer and I don't want to break it, but does anyone know what I could do to stop the freezer temperature from going up (otherwise the food in the freezer will go bad) Thanks for any help!
    It's definitely still on?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    It's definitely still on?
    Yes, the attached fridge is fine, and the freezer has this beeping sound whenever the temperature rises above normal. and the temperature's still going up... - any ideas on what I could do? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does the freezer come with an instruction booklet? You could ask your friend where it is.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the attached fridge is fine, and the freezer has this beeping sound whenever the temperature rises above normal. and the temperature's still going up...
    Hum

Is it too full of ice? Could be a fault?

EDIT: I wouldn't be automatically defrosting itself would it? :lolwut: That'd be crazy right
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Does the freezer come with an instruction booklet? You could ask your friend where it is.
    no idea where it is, and friend's out of town
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hum

Is it too full of ice? Could be a fault?

EDIT: I wouldn't be automatically defrosting itself would it? :lolwut: That'd be crazy right
    Don't think so (at least I hope not) - the temp has risen above -18c before but all I had to do was chip away the ice and it'd go back down to normal. Did the same this time, but nothing's working...

ReputationRep:
    Don't think so (at least I hope not) - the temp has risen above -18c before but all I had to do was chip away the ice and it'd go back down to normal. Did the same this time, but nothing's working...
    Sounds like it needs defrosting :dontknow:

I'm afriad I'm stumped OP. I don't know how to help How much food is in there?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it needs defrosting :dontknow:

I'm afriad I'm stumped OP. I don't know how to help How much food is in there?
    Lots of food, enough for two or three people for a week still don't know what to do... but thanks for your suggestions anyway
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried turning it off and on again. Works for computers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.