Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The ones that you have to do as part of the pgce application?

I'm really hoping there are practice tests just so nothing will be a shock on the day!

It's years since I've done gcse maths and I'm worried the English one will be designed to catch people out!

Hoping it's more of a common sense type test but no idea what to expect! Help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurakate1988)

I'm really hoping there are practice tests just so nothing will be a shock on the day!

It's years since I've done gcse maths and I'm worried the English one will be designed to catch people out!

Hey,

So every PGCE course now requires you to have passed the skills tests by the time you start the course.
    I hadn't sat mine when I had my interview (3 unsuccessful replies so far and didn't want to sit them until I had a place). Some institutions will require you to have sat them by a certain time - some universities are happy for you to have them done by September. My university required me to have passed them within four weeks of my interview.

I didn't revise for my literacy test - probably silly but I studied history at university so I find literacy quite easy. I know how to spell most words but refreshed myself on basic grammar rules.

The DofE website has the best information available - I don't have the link handy as I'm on my phone but if you just do a google search for QTS skills tests, something should come up.

There are 4 practice tests available for both numeracy and literacy.

ReputationRep:

All the information you need is contained here:

http://education.gov.uk/sta/professional

Currently the tests are set at GCSE grade C level but there are unconfirmed rumours that they may be set at grade B level from September for 2015 courses.

ReputationRep:

Look at the QTS tests thread at the top of this forum

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.