Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Having studied in university previously(2 years technically) I applied for student finance expecting to only get 1 or 2 years funding. This was indeed the case according to a letter I received today. However these are the final 2 years, of which I have no chance of reaching due to not being able to fund the first year.. I understand this is to stop people continually sitting first year however I'm a bit stumped as to what to do now..
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hello

The Student Finance Regulations laid down by BIS (Business Innovation and Skills) state funding would be awarded to the later years in cases like this, and we cannot make an exception . You can still apply for a maintenance loan in your first year though, which could perhaps help you cover the cost of the fees.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance with the current state of Tuition loans. Even most of the full time workers don't have 9k lying around. Thanks for the feedback

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.