Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Movie Madness: Last 16. The Godfather v Finding Nemo Watch

• View Poll Results: Last 16
    The Godfather
    63.27%
    Finding Nemo
    36.73%

ReputationRep:
    Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more,click here). We have already taken the initial 64 films and got 8 group winners and 8 group runners up.

Now the battle for the overall title begins.

Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

The Godfather (1972)
    One of the most famous movies of all-time, Francis Ford Coppola's epic gangster film tracks the Corleone film over the course of a decade. With so many parts immortalised by homages, tributes and parodies, the chances are that even if you haven't seen it there is much that will feel familiar to you.

Finding Nemo
    Heart warming, yet humorous tale of a brand new father loosing his son. The horror! Any new parent can relate to almost losing their kid, I know mine did....
    The fact that it is one of the best selling DVDs of all time and has a sequel in production shows that both parents and children alike love this timeless classic!

ReputationRep:
    Who voted for a bloody fish over Marlon Brando, Al Pacino and Robert Duvall?

ReputationRep:
    God help us all if finding a ****ing fish beats Godfather.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Only 4 people and you can click their names to find out who they were then put their names in [quote=username] [/quote] tags and ask them why they chose that way if you want!

(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Godfather up 8-4 atm but judging by the number of people that have seen Nemo 70 of 74 responses, compared to godfather 30 out of 74 responses i wouldn't be THAT shocked at this point for a crazy Fish beats Classic film.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    judging by the number of people that have seen Nemo 70 of 74 responses, compared to godfather 30 out of 74 responses i wouldn't be THAT shocked at this point for a crazy Fish beats Classic film.
    This is why democracy is over-rated.

There needs to be a 'I haven't seen both of these, so I can't possibly be allowed to vote' option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    This is why democracy is over-rated.

There needs to be a 'I haven't seen both of these, so I can't possibly be allowed to vote' option.
    Problem is that I option would win the vote a lot of the time.

In previous rounds I voted against the film I had seen as I hadn't enjoyed it or thought the other film was clearly better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ****in lol at people voting for Nemo over The Godfather. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if the people voting for Finding Nemo are just trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    ****in lol at people voting for Nemo over The Godfather. :sigh:

One one hand Nemo is a great film. It's a well made film showing an amazing journey with an interesting perspective on life with a well rounded cast of characters including obvious mental issues amongst some of them.

On the other hand It's the freaking godfather. Voted godfather! :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Finding Nemo doesn't even touch the Godfather.

ReputationRep:
    Can I be the first to say that it looks like Nemo will be sleeping with the fishes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    Can I be the first to say that it looks like Nemo will be sleeping with the fishes?
    Yes!

Even though triple the amount of people polled had seen Nemo it is still losing. Hope in TSR restored.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kubrick)
    Finding Nemo doesn't even touch the Godfather.
    It's still losing the popular vote despite many more people having watched it according to our won survey so TSR is getting this one right!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I liked neither but I would go for The Godfather.

ReputationRep:
    Godfather for the win. Anyone who disagrees with this statement should sleep with fishes!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.