26%
The Dark Knight (37)
74%
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more,click here). We have already taken the initial 64 films and got 8 group winners and 8 group runners up.

Now the battle for the overall title begins.

Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

The Shining (1980) Stanley Kubrick's uncompromising horror is a pitch-perfect recreation of a man's descent into madness. Jack Torrance agrees to take his family and look after an isolated hotel during it's close season, as he sees this as a perfect way to cut off distractions and allow him to finish his novel. However he soon falls into the clutches of cabin fever, unable to identify supernatural hallucinations from his own reality, and the film builds to an incredibly tense climax. Always a showman, Kubrick's own promotional trailer for this film sold it as a light-hearted family comedy.

The Dark Knight (2008)
Chris Nolan's take on the caped crusader turned Batman into the protagonist of a gritty crime drama played for realism and atmosphere, with an unforgettable performance by Heath Ledger as the Joker. The result is a film that demands your attention.
ImBadWithNames
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The dark knight

Posted from TSR Mobile
IqraHaq
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Dark Knight :daydreaming:
Prandtl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Shining :afraid:
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
On one hand i really enjoyed watching the shining. It was one of the only proper terrrifying films i've seen and a lot better than most other "scary" films whcih are just jumpy.

Dark Knight is one of the classics of our generation though i think, amazing performance from both Heath Ledger and Christian Bale and it's amazing popularity amongst students i can see it walking this battle easily even though it should be fairly close.
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
People will be watching and analysing The Shining long after The Dark Knight has been forgotten.
Zappaisgod
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
'you've always been the caretaker'
ukip72
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Surprisingly, I prefer The Dark Knight.
e aí rapaz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Shining, without a doubt. It's a masterpiece.
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
(Original post by e aí rapaz)
The Shining, without a doubt. It's a masterpiece.

Why do you reckon it's so much better than TDK?

I liked both but marginally prefered TDK .
e aí rapaz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Motorbiker)
Why do you reckon it's so much better than TDK?

I liked both but marginally prefered TDK .
Personal preference I guess. I really, really like TDK, but The Shining is in my top 5 films of all time. I just love it. I've watched it probably 50 times or more.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I love both movies and both Jack Nicholson's and Heath Ledger's performances were fantastic but I've always been a bigger fan of horror movies than superhero ones like Batman.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (3)
37.5%
No - I have already returned home (0)
0%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (3)
37.5%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (2)
25%

Watched Threads