Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Movie Madness: Last 16. Silence of the Lambs v Inception Watch

• View Poll Results: Last 16
    Silence of the Lambs
    49.06%
    Inception
    50.94%

ReputationRep:
    Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more,click here). We have already taken the initial 64 films and got 8 group winners and 8 group runners up.

Now the battle for the overall title begins.

Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
    One of only three films to collect the top five Oscars (best picture, best director, best actor, best actress, best screenplay), this film debuted Hannibal Lecter to the world as one of the most iconic horror antagonists of all time, despite only appearing on-screen for a little over 16 minutes.

Inception (2010)
    Christopher Nolan's big budget blockbuster showed the world (and especially Hollywood studios) that expensive films could credit their audiences with intelligence and still turn a handsome profit. Dealing in dreams with large portions of the film taking place in different characters' subconscious, Nolan takes a complicated story and expresses it in a way that makes it feel wonderfully intuitive.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Inception to win the competition.

ReputationRep:
    Silence of the Lambs is the quintessential thriller however in terms of preference Inception has it beat for me

ReputationRep:
    Shocked by how close this is! And more so shocked by how silence of the lambs is winning!

I mean i voted for it for Hopkins performance alone and getting the top five oscars is a monumental task.

Inception is an amazing film and thought it would kick silence of the lambs ass. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Two cracking films, but I too thought that Inception would comfortably win the popular vote here.

Looks like there's a lot of (deserved) love for Silence of the Lambs on TSR.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I just love Christopher Nolan and Hans Zimmer. I mainly just listen to his soundtracks.

ReputationRep:
    Voted Silence of the Lambs. Inception was a great movie but the former is an absolute classic.

ReputationRep:
    I love Inception! It is one of my three favourite movies! I bought two of the Hans Zimmer soundtracks from it, as well, because I love the music so much, and they are the only two classical pieces on my iPod (minus music from the Olympics, that is).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotstar)
    I love Inception! It is one of my three favourite movies! I bought two of the Hans Zimmer soundtracks from it, as well, because I love the music so much, and they are the only two classical pieces on my iPod (minus music from the Olympics, that is).
    I have to say that Inception has a superb soundtrack, one of the few that I have bothered downloading.

ReputationRep:
    Inception is JUST winning the popular vote on her atm.

I voted silence of the lambs though. :teehee:

Fairly close though...

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sure Inception is winning based on votes by people who have never seen SotL.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    I'm fairly sure Inception is winning based on votes by people who have never seen SotL.
    Or maybe it is because...

Spoiler:
    Show
    People actually preferred it and thought it was better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    Or maybe it is because...

Spoiler:
    Show
    People actually preferred it and thought it was better!

....Nah!

ReputationRep:
    inception is good, silence of the lambs is great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    TBF, in this case it's a battle between two very good films.
    I don't think what I now refer to as the 'American Shawshank' effect is really in play here.

ReputationRep:
    24 minutes away from sudden death. I'm rather shocked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    24 minutes away from sudden death. I'm rather shocked.

Same, i mean, i voted for Silence of the lambs but i still thought inception would walk it.

ReputationRep:
    25 votes each. Worlds longest tie breaker ensues.........................

ReputationRep:
    I'd be tempted to check how new the account is that casts the golden vote.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Inception wins, right?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.