Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Religious people are some of the most fake watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the people who were brought up in religious backgrounds/families/environments and they seem to hold onto it as they grow older but still lead a less than moral life. My respect goes to the ones who lead a life according to their faith.

I've met alot of people recently (specifically Christian and Muslim) who are the biggest fakes going. Recently I seem to have met a number of people who fit this criteria. I've noticed a trend of 'God believing' people always posting their God quotes on Twitter and Facebook, praising and preaching about God but actually they spend their time checking out girls asses on Instagram, or buying lots of trendy clothes, or trying to look like the big man infront of his mates/girls etc, or creaming himself over his friends new Audi car, or drinking etc

The fundamental problem lies in the fact that these guys have MASSIVE egos. They are absolutely materialistic and self-obsessed. Can they not just be themselves and either be for God and be a decent human being, or be a materialistic vain person with a massive ego? It's like they talk up God because that's what they were brought up to do but actually they live the lifes of foul sinful people. But every other day you'll see on twitter or facebook ... 'god is almighty' 'i have god so i am blessed' or some bull****. They think they are somehow superioir to others.

The whole point about faith for me is sincerity. If you lack sincerity, you have nothing. You are a fake.

Why do they do this and lead this double life?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't you heard? You can do whatever you want as long as you believe in Jesus, then it's all cool. 'Sins' forgiven, end of.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Harvey Dent)
    Haven't you heard? You can do whatever you want as long as you believe in Jesus, then it's all cool. 'Sins' forgiven, end of.
    If you're a Protestant, maybe Not if you're a Catholic

ReputationRep:
    Exactly why I left the Mormon church. Everything is about appearances.

ReputationRep:
    Someone who truly believed in God and his message wouldn't live the double life though? Aha

But yeah, since it's not based on works but instead faith, you are indeed correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xinho)
    I don't like the people who were brought up in religious backgrounds/families/environments and they seem to hold onto it as they grow older but still lead a less than moral life. My respect goes to the ones who lead a life according to their faith.

I've met alot of people recently (specifically Christian and Muslim) who are the biggest fakes going. Recently I seem to have met a number of people who fit this criteria. I've noticed a trend of 'God believing' people always posting their God quotes on Twitter and Facebook, praising and preaching about God but actually they spend their time checking out girls asses on Instagram, or buying lots of trendy clothes, or trying to look like the big man infront of his mates/girls etc, or creaming himself over his friends new Audi car, or drinking etc
    Please direct me to the verses where the Bible ratifies these activities as sinful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truths)
    Please direct me to the verses where the Bible ratifies these activities as sinful?

Do lust, gluttony and pride ring a bell?

ReputationRep:

I was thinking the same thing..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

You're not quite as smart as you like to appear.

'It's like they talk up God because that's what they were brought up to do but actually they live the lifes of foul sinful people.' Where did I link that to the activities such as drinking and so forth? I was just giving examples of activities or behaviours that makes me think so called religious people are not worthy of the respect they bestow upon themself.

But regardless, these same people who I said spend their day on facebook/instagram or drink or whatever ..... are ALSO having sex before marriage amongst other things. I was just giving more casual lifestyle ways rather than actual sins. But there you go, those same people who I know who spend their day on instagram checking out girls bodies ... I also KNOW are sleeping with girls on many ONS's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xinho)
    You're not quite as smart as you like to appear.

'It's like they talk up God because that's what they were brought up to do but actually they live the lifes of foul sinful people.' Where did I link that to the activities such as drinking and so forth? I was just giving examples of activities or behaviours that makes me think so called religious people are not worthy of the respect they bestow upon themself.

But regardless, these same people who I said spend their day on facebook/instagram or drink or whatever ..... are ALSO having sex before marriage amongst other things. I was just giving more casual lifestyle ways rather than actual sins. But there you go, those same people who I know who spend their day on instagram checking out girls bodies ... I also KNOW are sleeping with girls on many ONS's.
    That statement is what you should've started with aha
    And it does make sense, I give you that. I agree to it also

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's actually true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xinho)

The fundamental problem lies in the fact that these guys have MASSIVE egos. They are absolutely materialistic and self-obsessed. Can they not just be themselves and either be for God and be a decent human being, or be a materialistic vain person with a massive ego? It's like they talk up God because that's what they were brought up to do but actually they live the lifes of foul sinful people. But every other day you'll see on twitter or facebook ... 'god is almighty' 'i have god so i am blessed' or some bull****. They think they are somehow superioir to others.

The whole point about faith for me is sincerity. If you lack sincerity, you have nothing. You are a fake.

Why do they do this and lead this double life?

You are right to an extent but not everyone is like this. I guess the people who are dont see themselves as this due to their ignorance.

ReputationRep:

Thats not exactly true but that is how some people view this and go on pretending whilst doing their rubbish things as mentioned by the op. Pople tend to abuse this(what you have stated) because they believe that as long you you believe in Jesuse etc you are forgiven so you can do as you please-dont be folled by this as there is more to this than you think.

It is true that Jesus forgives us etc but that does not mean we should continue our lives in a bad manner like the op stated.

ReputationRep:
    What you've said is true for some people, untrue for others. Anyway, you can expect everyone to be perfect...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't necessarily call it a double life, these people are humans. Just because they're not perfect doesn't mean they're fake. Some young people may find it increasingly difficult to marry their faith to the modern society they're in, which is understandable. Idk, I just see faith as a personal thing and I'm not concerned with individuals' faiths and I try not to judge.
    Also, although hypocrites are annoying it's not hypocritical to declare yourself as a Christian and yet not be a virgin because not every Christian has the same view on their faith however it would be hypocritical/fake for someone to say "Sex before marriage is wrong" even though they practice it without a guilty conscience.
    Many people wear religion as some type of fashion now anyway, which is again annoying but hey, that's how it is.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.