Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HOMEWORK HELP NEEDED FOR GEOGRAPHY... Urgent Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello friends.... Plz will anyone help me finding the work confusing
    For my work I need to find out about River Derwant in Derbyshire. What is the area in which River Derwant is in?
    How was the valley formed?

ReputationRep:
    Learn to do some independent research

ReputationRep:
    Shocked to see how rude some people are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamez870)
    Learn to do some independent research
    Do u think I am such a fool not to do some independent research? I spend all night looking for answers... how dare u say that i should 'learn to do some independent research'! IF U DON'T UNDERSTAND SOMEONE THEN DON'T JUDGE THEM So MANY answers came up on the internet and i didn't comprehend them... What would u do if u were in my place, wouldn't u ask some1 4 help be it your teacher, parent, friend or the internet? How would u feel if someone responded to u "Learn to do some independent research". How would u feel :'([s]unimpressed

ReputationRep:
    Google it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The vampire)
    Google it
    Prepare to be attacked by OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate2014)
    Do u think I am such a fool not to do some independent research? I spend all night looking for answers... how dare u say that i should 'learn to do some independent research'! IF U DON'T UNDERSTAND SOMEONE THEN DON'T JUDGE THEM So MANY answers came up on the internet and i didn't comprehend them... What would u do if u were in my place, wouldn't u ask some1 4 help be it your teacher, parent, friend or the internet? How would u feel if someone responded to u "Learn to do some independent research". How would u feel :'([s]unimpressed
    Didn't mean to come off as rude, but from your original post it appears as if you haven't given any of the questions your own thought, what year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    For my work I need to find out about River Derwant in Derbyshire. What is the area in which River Derwant is in?
    Is it that hard to use Google these days :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamez870)
    Didn't mean to come off as rude, but from your original post it appears as if you haven't given any of the questions your own thought, what year are you in?
    What do u mean I haven't given any of the questions my own thought?

ReputationRep:
    You couldn't possibly have typed 'River Derwent' into Google, clicked on the first link which appeared, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Derwent,_Derbyshire, and found out this:

The Derwent is a river in the county of Derbyshire, England. It is 66 miles (106 km) long and is a tributary of the River Trent which it joins south of Derby.[1] For half its course, the river flows through the Peak District.
    Much of the river's route, with the exception of the city of Derby, is rural. However the river has also seen many human uses, and between Matlock and Derby was one of the cradles of the Industrial Revolution, providing power to the first industrial scale cotton mills. Today it provides a water supply to several surrounding cities, and its steeply sided valley is an important communications corridor through the uplands of the Peak District.[2]

That quite clearly says which area the river is in.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Pectorac;48764303]You couldn't possibly have typed 'River Derwent' into Google, clicked on the first link which appeared, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Derwent,_Derbyshire, and found out this:

The Derwent is a river in the county of Derbyshire, England. It is 66 miles (106 km) long and is a tributary of the River Trent which it joins south of Derby.[1] For half its course, the river flows through the Peak District.
    Much of the river's route, with the exception of the city of Derby, is rural. However the river has also seen many human uses, and between Matlock and Derby was one of the cradles of the Industrial Revolution, providing power to the first industrial scale cotton mills. Today it provides a water supply to several surrounding cities, and its steeply sided valley is an important communications corridor through the uplands of the Peak District.[SUP][2]

What is the area in which the river is? (I am sure that I know the answer but what is the harm in confirming?)
    Look english isn't my mother tongue language...
    (Also sometimes i doubt wikipedia as it can be edited easily people can write wrong details onto it)...

ReputationRep:
    What is the area in which the river is? (I am sure that I know the answer but what is the harm in confirming?)
    Look english isn't my mother tongue language...
    (Also sometimes i doubt wikipedia as it can be edited easily people can write wrong details onto it)...
    If it were edited and were false, it would say something like the river is in Tellytubby land and is bright pink. Stuff like obvious facts on there are true, and even without Wikipedia there are many other links from official sources which say the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The vampire)
    Google it
    Ha ha very funny...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pectorac)
    If it were edited and were false, it would say something like the river is in Tellytubby land and is bright pink. Stuff like obvious facts on there are true, and even without Wikipedia there are many other links from official sources which say the same thing.

U still haven't answered my question... what area is the river in then?

ReputationRep:
    It flows through the Peak District and is in Derbyshire, just like the internet says.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Is it that hard to use Google these days :rolleyes:

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pectorac)
    It flows through the Peak District and is in Derbyshire, just like the internet says.
    My initial thought was that the area is Peak District but I looked on many websites ... and on some it said many different things which is what confused me...

ReputationRep:
    What do u mean I haven't given any of the questions my own thought?
    I said it appears that you haven't

ReputationRep:
    An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind...
    Hmm...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.