The Student Room Group

Haven't done any work experiences yet for 2015 entry.

I currently finished AS, and looking forward to study Medicine in University. I know work experiences in healthcare sector like hospitals and GP in essential. But I called and emailed many consultants and GPs, they either haven't replied, said they were full or said they aren't taking any. I am panicking! Help?!
Reply 1
Original post by sunshinexox
I currently finished AS, and looking forward to study Medicine in University. I know work experiences in healthcare sector like hospitals and GP in essential. But I called and emailed many consultants and GPs, they either haven't replied, said they were full or said they aren't taking any. I am panicking! Help?!

Medical schools are quite understanding in terms of not being able to get work experience in a hospital/GP environment. It is pretty difficult without having contacts. I would say voluntary work in a care home/hospice would be fine. :smile:
Reply 2
0 work experience full stop?

Damn, you're in for a rough ride.
Reply 3
Original post by 06shawm
Medical schools are quite understanding in terms of not being able to get work experience in a hospital/GP environment. It is pretty difficult without having contacts. I would say voluntary work in a care home/hospice would be fine. :smile:

I have applied to St Mark's foundation and care home nearby my house, but waiting for their replies. Is volunteering in charity shops recommended, because a lot of my friends who are taking medicine in the future are doing it.
Reply 4
Original post by Jkizer
0 work experience full stop?

Damn, you're in for a rough ride.

I know lol. Try my best though :frown::frown:

Well I did 1, which was in a kindergarten.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest