Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Im basically just putting this on here in preparation for the course in september. I wanted to find out how people are getting ready for the course and what halls people are staying in, just general chat really. As im moving up from wales, i need as much advise as i can get and it would be kinda nice to get to know some people before i go.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi ChelsieGee11,

I am starting at Grimsby this september, I am studying social care which starts on the 10th of september. im unsure on what to bring with me to Grimsby as it is a long distance for me as i live in the southwest. I looked online of what people have brought as well as having friends that have already been too Uni. Im staying in Welholme Halls.

Lee

ReputationRep:
    Hey Lee
    I'm staying in that halls aswell! Pretty exciting What are you thinking of taking? I'm thinking ill take everything I need to survive bedding, food, clothes ect. And then if there's anything I've forgot just going back home for it

ReputationRep:
    I found the thread! lol, I am starting Sept too, I'm Faye.

ReputationRep:
    How exciting we'll I'm gunna bring cutlery and plates in an unusual colour, so then I know it's mine, and cups I'm insure on whether we need somewhere to hang clean washing? Bedding, clothes and food I may get up they're as it will be cheap.

Do you know anything about freshers because I can't find anything?

Hi Faye are you in halls?

ReputationRep:
    Oooo good idea with the plates with food I'm just goin to get bulk goods at Costco first I was thinking that, it says it has full washing facilities but I don't know if that drying aswell, so in just gunna take a drying rack. I can't find anything, anywhere! I'm just gunna go with the flow when I'm there :')

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my friend was saying at her halls it was a major issue with plates and cups as it was a corridor of 30+ but I'm assuming we won't have that problem thank god! Haha. Yeah it is a house so you would assume it should have a cloths line outside or something but if it does just have one, how many people are going to one to dry they're clothes? So just gunna have one as a back up if either way it will do me for next year living in housing yeah I can't find anything either, keep trying to ring but no hope, so just going to hope for the best when I arrive

ReputationRep:
    Well if you get coloured plates or a sharpie, I think you'll have it sorted I just wanna see where we're staying now I don't even know how to wash my clothes yet :') I'm 21 :L hahaha
    Let me know if either of you find anything on freshers, maybe it's a abit too early for people to start organising events yet

ReputationRep:
    Yeah defo have you seen the pictures online of our accommodation? I'm 21 too little expierence of living without family but I'm sure I'll manage, well all the other uni's have they're fresher events, and they are much bigger uni's. I was talking to mike who was the accommodation officer and he said that freshers leaflets would be in the post with our accommodation.... That was a lie haha if I hear anything I will let you know but I think it's the case of just turning up and hoping Goethe best, what day are you arriving up they're?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's a lush building! Same but my mum still does my washing :') haha we'll learn together haha.yeah there was nothing in my leaflet thanks I'm gunna go up on the 1st you?

ReputationRep:
    We shall indeed, I'm going up on the 1st, we'll have to exchange numbers or Facebooks, so then when we arrive we can meet. Have you ever gone round the campus? Because it will be my first time up they're?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah My facebook is chelsie gee ummm I've gone around the area my course was but otherwise no there will probs be a chance to walk around at enrolment.

ReputationRep:
    I think/hope i have added the right Chelsie my name is Lee Kellow

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah that's me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.