Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Electric bikes are flooding into the University of Leicester - they've arrived on the bike pool and staff and students alike have been encouraged to ride them.

But will they be acceptable to real cyclists? Would you get one?

Currently the cheapest electric bike I've found on the market is from Tesco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberwang)

By bike pool do you mean available to rent? Not a bike man normally but sound like they might be a laugh if so

ReputationRep:
    It completely depends on your reason for using a bike.

Most people could do with just that bit more excercise so it is lazy to go electric instead of just burning a few extra calories. Those who are older or who may have medical reasons like joint, muscular or ligament issues etc. Some may be perfectly healthy, in good shape and excercise regularly anyway in which case burning those few extra cals isn't necessary but really it can't hurt.

I'd personally never buy or use one unless I had to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amphiprion)
    It completely depends on your reason for using a bike.

Most people could do with just that bit more excercise so it is lazy to go electric instead of just burning a few extra calories. Those who are older or who may have medical reasons like joint, muscular or ligament issues etc. Some may be perfectly healthy, in good shape and excercise regularly anyway in which case burning those few extra cals isn't necessary but really it can't hurt.

I'd personally never buy or use one unless I had to.
    This. It's not like cycling around Leicester to the university is a huge effort.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is cheating at our age

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.