Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Over the summer I want to volunteer at different places to help me gain more experience to be able to get onto a children's nursing degree for 2015, but I'm so stuck with what would be the best places to volunteer at? please help!

ReputationRep:
    Look at becoming a play leader or paeds HCA. Getting in as a paid worker also opens you up to the chance of secondment. they may also do volunteers for feeds/meal times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jass26)
    Over the summer I want to volunteer at different places to help me gain more experience to be able to get onto a children's nursing degree for 2015, but I'm so stuck with what would be the best places to volunteer at? please help!
    I think it might also be a god idea if you also worked at places that are not dirrectly linked with with nursing. For example, you could help out at a food bank, or do some work for the RSPCA, so that they can see that you have helped in all areas.

ReputationRep:
    I know you wouldnt be able to do this over the summer- but in september when the new school term starts, you could start volunteering at your local rainbows/brownies/guides group. If you start looking now, then you should be able to be sorted and ready to start by september.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    I know you wouldnt be able to do this over the summer- but in september when the new school term starts, you could start volunteering at your local rainbows/brownies/guides group. If you start looking now, then you should be able to be sorted and ready to start by september.
    Thank you! Will definitely look into that, I was thinking of helping out with the summer schools that they have for children and volunteering at a local nursery but I just don't know if that would be enough :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Will definitely look into that, I was thinking of helping out with the summer schools that they have for children and volunteering at a local nursery but I just don't know if that would be enough :confused:
    If you go on the girlguiding website and go on the "join us" bit, you should be able to find more info and join.

ReputationRep:
    You could volunteer with StJohn Ambulance, it is a great way if volunteering and dealing with unwell people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifimas)
    You could volunteer with StJohn Ambulance, it is a great way if volunteering and dealing with unwell people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My local hospital encourages volunteers anywhere! Just phone your local hospital and speak to the volunteers department. Explain your situation. You may have to do a bit of filing but the play leaders always appreciate help.

I realised that I didn't want to be a children's nurse by volunteering on the ward and found a love for adult nursing while banking on
    other wards!!

Give them a call :-)

(Original post by Azza007)
    Look at becoming a play leader or paeds HCA. Getting in as a paid worker also opens you up to the chance of secondment. they may also do volunteers for feeds/meal times.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.