Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have just failed a repeat year of study on a 3 year degree and i am now looking to start a new 3 year degree, but because I have had 2 years of funding the policy is i only have 2 years left of funding (3 year course + 1 gift year - 2 years of study = 2years left of funding) however in my first year i received a bursary which knocked 7000pounds of my tuition fee so I wanted to know if i start a new 3 year degree would it be possible to get funding for the full 3 years or get more than 2 years of funding so the 2 years funding and 7000 off the 3rd year as i would not be able to afford to pay a full years tuition myself.

thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Unfortunately we cannot change the years to award extra funding, or allocate it to different years. You can however, apply for a maintenance loan for your first year. Bursary's are dealt with by the universities so you would need to check with them to see when/if you would be eligible. Full funding will be awarded by us for the last 2 years of your course.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.