Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University Official

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hello,

may I ask how long are christmas holidays?
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Newcastle University
Hello :smile: thanks for getting in touch!

All applicants who narrowly miss the conditions of their offer are reconsidered again together when the results are published in August. Whether we are able to accept near miss students depends on the number of applicants who have met the conditions of their offers and the number of places we have available on our programmes.

I hope that helps :smile: If you do miss out on your grades, the best thing to do is to contact us as soon as possible. On A-level results day our Clearing hotline will open at 7.30am and our Clearing website will be live later this week (www.ncl.ac.uk/clearing). It will have all of the information you need to prepare for A-level results day as well as the telephone numbers you may need to call if you don’t get the results you’re hoping for.

If you have any more questions just ask :smile: Good luck!

Rachel

Hi,
When you say contact us as soon as possible if you don't meet the grades, do you have a specific number to call?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a current student at Newcastle. The experience so far has been great, but I do have one gripe:

In the run up to exams, the library is absolute hell. It is far too small for the number of students that are trying to use it. It is generally impossible to find a seat from 9 am onwards and the overcrowding results in an unpleasant atmosphere. I realise that the pop-up library was used this summer. This was a good idea and helped. However it lacked most of the facilities available in the main library and feels like a sticking plaster solution. Are they any plans to expand the library or increase the seating capacity in the near future?
Original post by woczlf
Hello,

may I ask how long are christmas holidays?

Hello there,

This year Autumn term will finish on Friday 12th December, with Spring term commencing Monday 5th January 2015 (meaning a 3 week break). If you want any more information on term dates, they can be found here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/regulations/docs/terms-semesters.html :smile:

Hope that helped!

Rachel
Original post by Quantex
I'm a current student at Newcastle. The experience so far has been great, but I do have one gripe:

In the run up to exams, the library is absolute hell. It is far too small for the number of students that are trying to use it. It is generally impossible to find a seat from 9 am onwards and the overcrowding results in an unpleasant atmosphere. I realise that the pop-up library was used this summer. This was a good idea and helped. However it lacked most of the facilities available in the main library and feels like a sticking plaster solution. Are they any plans to expand the library or increase the seating capacity in the near future?

I thought we were allowed to use teaching rooms and lecture theatres as long as there were no classes in them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Quantex

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about that. I sent your feedback to the Head of Learning and Research Support Services and received this response:

"It is a priority for the Library to increase our study space capacity but we cannot do this within the confines of our existing buildings. We are currently working with the University to find both medium and long term solutions, but as I hope you appreciate fining suitable space is proving difficult. The Pop-Up Library was very successful and well used over the summer and we plan to “pop up again” during the winter exams and the summer exam periods to try to accommodate as many students as we can comfortably over these busy periods. I would be interested what facilities you particularly missed regarding the Pop-Up Library as we are beginning to plan for this next year."

I can forward your response onto the department and it will hopefully help improve facilities.

Let me know what you think :smile:

Rachel
I have been offered an en suite, self-catered room in Berwick House, Castle Leazes. Is this virtual tour a realistic preview of what my room, en suite and Lounge/kitchen will look like? Or do all the flats look different?

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/students/accommodation/castleleazes/castleleazes-tour/
Original post by DylanJ96
I have been offered an en suite, self-catered room in Berwick House, Castle Leazes. Is this virtual tour a realistic preview of what my room, en suite and Lounge/kitchen will look like? Or do all the flats look different?

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/students/accommodation/castleleazes/castleleazes-tour/

Hi Dylan,

The virtual tours on the accommodation website provide a simulation of a small sample of the bedrooms and communal areas. Due to the diversity of our accommodation, we are unable to show a simulation of all rooms and areas, therefore the bedroom and flat/area allocated to you may look different to the representation in the virtual tour.

I hope that answered your question :smile:

Rachel
Original post by Stefan17
Hi,
When you say contact us as soon as possible if you don't meet the grades, do you have a specific number to call?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Stefan,

The Newcastle University Clearing hotline will open at 7.30am on Thursday 14th August. The number is 0800 073 5050 and is free from land lines :smile: Opening times are as follows:

Thursday 14 August 7.30am to 6pm

Friday 15 August 8am to 5pm

Saturday 16 August 9am to 4pm

Sunday 17 August 10am to 12 noon

If you do call the hotline, please have your exam results to hand.

I hope that helped
:smile:

Rachel

Reply 29
Hi,

If you miss your grades by say 1 (ie. need AAB, but get ABB); will you automatically consider and possibly still accept me, or will I have to contact you through clearing?

Many thanks.
Original post by DomWall
Hi,

If you miss your grades by say 1 (ie. need AAB, but get ABB); will you automatically consider and possibly still accept me, or will I have to contact you through clearing?

Many thanks.

Hi Dom :smile: thanks for getting in touch!

All applicants who narrowly miss the conditions of their offer are reconsidered again together when the results are published in August. Whether we are able to accept near miss students depends on the number of applicants who have met the conditions of their offers and the number of places we have available on our programmes.

If you do miss out on your grades, and are not accepted onto your course, the best thing to do is to contact us as soon as possible.

On A-level results day our Clearing hotline will open at 7.30am on 0800 073 5050 and is free from land lines. Our Clearing website (http://bit.ly/1rT2BeW) is live and has all the information you need to preapre for A-level results day as well as the telephone numbers you may need to call if you don't get the results you're hoping for.

Any more questions just ask :smile: Good luck!

Rachel
do you accept equivalent grades??
thank you
Original post by laurenrw
do you accept equivalent grades??
thank you

Hi Lauren, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

You'll be able to find out information about our grade equivalences if you follow this link: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/clearing/gradelist/

If you have any further enquiries don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Rachel
Reply 33
Hello,

I was wondering about how competitive the combined honours course is? As in, how many people usually apply compared to how many places available on the program. Thank you!
Hi sorry I have another question,

how easy is it to change courses? my firm choice is business management however i am very interested in studying it with economics too.

if i did meet the entry requirements how do i change course? do i do it through adjustment or clearing?

thank you!
Original post by mont1988
Hello,

I was wondering about how competitive the combined honours course is? As in, how many people usually apply compared to how many places available on the program. Thank you!

Hello,

Combined Honours is a very popular course due to the flexibility and choice of subjects available. We get approximately 700 applications each year and we have approximately 140 places.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Rachel
Original post by laurenrw
Hi sorry I have another question,

how easy is it to change courses? my firm choice is business management however i am very interested in studying it with economics too.

if i did meet the entry requirements how do i change course? do i do it through adjustment or clearing?

thank you!

No worries Lauren :smile:

You can contact Business Management admissions directly if you get in touch with [email protected] with your full name, UCAS ID and confirmation of the course you want to change to.

Admissions won't be able to consider your request until after you receive your A level results on the 14th, but you can send Fiona an email in the meantime!

Hope that helps :smile:

Rachel
Original post by Newcastle University
No worries Lauren :smile:

You can contact Business Management admissions directly if you get in touch with [email protected] with your full name, UCAS ID and confirmation of the course you want to change to.

Admissions won't be able to consider your request until after you receive your A level results on the 14th, but you can send Fiona an email in the meantime!

Hope that helps :smile:

Rachel

thank you! :smile:
Reply 38
Hi, I've been accepted for politics but would like to study economics alongside it. Do you know who I should contact about this? Cheers.
Reply 39
No, I had a conditional offer and met the grade requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending