Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
    Israel may be small but they control America and they have nuclear weapons.
    Israel controls America? Prepared to qualify that statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    I don't think anyone said it was the greatest threat to world peace. Just that it was a threat. Which is far, far less controversial.
    Quite the contrary:

"Israel has been described as the top threat to world peace, ahead of North Korea, Afghanistan and Iran, by an unpublished European Commission poll of 7,500 Europeans, sparking an international row. "
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Sto...076084,00.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Yes you are wrong. Check BBCs articles on antisemitism in Europe. The majority of Europeans considder Israel a greater threat to world peace than teh US, Iran Iraq and North Korea. This was found in a survey ordered by the European commision.
    Do you have the exact reference of the survey?
    If not, could you give the link to the BBC article?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Israel may be small but they control America and they have nuclear weapons.
    If this is not an indication that anti semitism is growing then I dont know what...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    Do you have the exact reference of the survey?
    If not, could you give the link to the BBC article?

Thanks.
    I posted a link to the Guardian above...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    Israel controls America? Prepared to qualify that statement?

Read the other hamas thread up to the point that the guy tried to turn it into a nazi fight.

ReputationRep:
    Read the other hamas thread up to the point that the guy tried to turn it into a nazi fight.
    That is relevant because?

ReputationRep:
    By all means, read everything FoxNewRocks is posting on these pages. Specially the part when he claimed that the nazis gassing Jews during ww2 was just propaganda brought forward by a Jewish owned media. By all means, read what he has posted in other threads.

ReputationRep:
    How does a small country get 5 billion dollars a year and not have control of it internally? If America`s public voted to give them the money i`d agree with you, but israeli lobbyists are responsible for "getting support" from the government. They lobby for billions of dollars and millions if not billions in military equipment. Note the term "lobby" is used loosely here, its more like "demands" and if they dont get it they start smear tactics of the ones who refuse to give it. (IE congressmen or other govt employees)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Yes you are wrong. Check BBCs articles on antisemitism in Europe. The majority of Europeans considder Israel a greater threat to world peace than teh US, Iran Iraq and North Korea. This was found in a survey ordered by the European commision.
    Ok, fair enough.

I still can't find the original poll though, but it doesn't matter.

I accept the results, though of course this was just ONE poll.

I also accept that there probably are fairly strong anti-Israel feelings within certain sections of European populations.

ReputationRep:
    How does a small country get 5 billion dollars a year and not have control of it internally? If America`s public voted to give them the money i`d agree with you, but israeli lobbyists are responsible for "getting support" from the government. They lobby for billions of dollars and millions if not billions in military equipment. Note the term "lobby" is used loosely here, its more like "demands" and if they dont get it they start smear tactics of the ones who refuse to give it. (IE congressmen or other govt employees)
    US GDP is $10,000,000,000,000. Israel gets 0.05% of that. Hardly seems to me to be controlling the country. The US spends far, far more on countless things.

I agree with you about the "Jewish Lobby" being too powerful - but then so are countless other groups in US politics. It is an unfortunate fact that pressure groups are immensely influential in the United States.

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course. The International Jew controls the weak democratically elected Congressmen. Presumably, that's why we should have one strong leader (English for Führer) who would then be free of those subversive influnces?!

ReputationRep:
    H&E
    When you use threats to get what you want, what makes that any different than 1940s germany? The jewish lobby does this exact thing but it must be ok since they are jews? See you cannot debate about jewish people and this is exactly how they want it. If you do debate ANYthing the jews conjure up, you are an anti-semite, dont matter about the 50 years you supported them, its always what have you done for them lately, and if you dont do something for them, you are an anti-semite.

ReputationRep:
    H&E
    When you use threats to get what you want, what makes that any different than 1940s germany? The jewish lobby does this exact thing but it must be ok since they are jews? See you cannot debate about jewish people and this is exactly how they want it. If you do debate ANYthing the jews conjure up, you are an anti-semite, dont matter about the 50 years you supported them, its always what have you done for them lately, and if you dont do something for them, you are an anti-semite.
    That Germany started a World War. Woud've that you knew that...
    And I haven't called you an Anti-Semite once (Has anyone done so in this thread?)

ReputationRep:
    jonatan swears up and down i am. I guess he thinks anyone who has questions about anything jewish is an anti-semite. He thinks i`m a racist because i dont believe in race mixing tho i never said one race was any better than another, he thinks i am a holocaust denyer. I guess if someone has opinions that dont fit a jews view then they are nazis and anti-semites.

ReputationRep:
    jonatan swears up and down i am. I guess he thinks anyone who has questions about anything jewish is an anti-semite. He thinks i`m a racist because i dont believe in race mixing tho i never said one race was any better than another, he thinks i am a holocaust denyer. I guess if someone has opinions that dont fit a jews view then they are nazis and anti-semites.
    That is a completely ridiculous post for the simple reason that Jonatan is Swedish, not Jewish.

ReputationRep:
    I dont care what he is. Just because he is swedish doesnt change what he feels.

ReputationRep:
    I dont care what he is. Just because he is swedish doesnt change what he feels.
    Than do you retract "You cannot debate about jewish people and this is exactly how they want it"? Because to prove that, you used a non-Jew, which is clearly nonsensical.

ReputationRep:
    I think he was talking generally...although he made a bit of a ****-up.

ReputationRep:
    Well if he isnt a jew then i apologize for the characterization.

But i`d suggest everyone go read this book which is by the way written by a jew and explains 99% of the problems we now face in the world. "The Hidden Tyranny Revealed: by Benjamin H. Freedman"

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.