The Student Room Group

Employer said you've "Earned a strike"

I did something I wasn't supposed to at work and my employer sent me a text saying "You've Earned a strike, thanks a lot"

Now he won't reply to me so what does this mean? Does it mean I've been fired?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by mxcvii
I did something I wasn't supposed to at work and my employer sent me a text saying "You've Earned a strike, thanks a lot"

Most likely.

Here is some help though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqQQ9_p02o0
Reply 2
What a ****.
Original post by mxcvii

They probably have a 3 strike policy. So you have earned your first strike is my guess. Do you know what you have done wrong?
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
They probably have a 3 strike policy. So you have earned your first strike is my guess. Do you know what you have done wrong?

Yes I know this is stupid but I told my employer which is an recruitment agency that I cant come to work because I'm sick and
then I accidently send him a text message that I'm in town centre, this was sent to him accidently.
Original post by mxcvii
Yes I know this is stupid but I told my employer which is an recruitment agency that I cant come to work because I'm sick and
then I accidently send him a text message that I'm in town centre, this was sent to him accidently.

:rofl::rofl:
Reply 6
Original post by DiddyDec
They probably have a 3 strike policy.

Why isn't he replying to me then?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mxcvii

Because he is annoyed that you lied?
Original post by mxcvii

Probably because he is annoyed that you have lied. Its a bit bad/unprofessional to tell you that you have a strike by text though.
Reply 9
Send him another text advising him to push his job up his ass..
Original post by mxcvii

As above. He's telling you you've been caught out and you 'played your joker', 'lost a life' or any other euphemism for been give a chance. You haven't been fired, but you are being warned that you will be next time to do something wrong.

He's not replying because you are an annoying little g*t who caused damage to his business reputation with whoever you are working for.

You should not text him and get on with doing a good job so that you can get a good reference.
Reply 11
Original post by threeportdrift
As above. He's telling you you've been caught out and you 'played your joker', 'lost a life' or any other euphemism for been give a chance. You haven't been fired, but you are being warned that you will be next time to do something wrong.

He's not replying because you are an annoying little g*t who caused damage to his business reputation with whoever you are working for.

You should not text him and get on with doing a good job so that you can get a good reference.

Listen get your facts right before you talk. You don't know which company I work for and what my job role is.

First of all I really was ill when I told them. Even though I was ill I could still do everyday things like Walk and even jog a little bit. Because of the nature of my work I have to lift heavy objects all day, therefore with my minor illness I felt like couldn't do it. There's no issue with that is there. Then for some reason I had to go to my town centre to get something and I saw something super cheap and was letting a friend know about it via text but I accidently sent it to my employer and it clearly stated that I,m in my local town center. Because if this he sent me the "Strike" text. Then I replied explaining everything in a SINGLE text but he didn't reply.

Usually he instantly replies.

Sp please tell me what you mean by "Played the joker" and "Lost a life."
Original post by mxcvii

Sp please tell me what you mean by "Played the joker" and "Lost a life."

I think a reasonable interpretation is "don't do it again or you're fired"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending