Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did something I wasn't supposed to at work and my employer sent me a text saying "You've Earned a strike, thanks a lot"

Now he won't reply to me so what does this mean? Does it mean I've been fired?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxcvii)
    I did something I wasn't supposed to at work and my employer sent me a text saying "You've Earned a strike, thanks a lot"

Most likely.

Here is some help though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqQQ9_p02o0

ReputationRep:
    What a ****.

ReputationRep:

They probably have a 3 strike policy. So you have earned your first strike is my guess. Do you know what you have done wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    They probably have a 3 strike policy. So you have earned your first strike is my guess. Do you know what you have done wrong?
    Yes I know this is stupid but I told my employer which is an recruitment agency that I cant come to work because I'm sick and
    then I accidently send him a text message that I'm in town centre, this was sent to him accidently.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know this is stupid but I told my employer which is an recruitment agency that I cant come to work because I'm sick and
    then I accidently send him a text message that I'm in town centre, this was sent to him accidently.
    :rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    They probably have a 3 strike policy.
    Why isn't he replying to me then?

ReputationRep:
    Because he is annoyed that you lied?

ReputationRep:
    Probably because he is annoyed that you have lied. Its a bit bad/unprofessional to tell you that you have a strike by text though.

ReputationRep:
    Send him another text advising him to push his job up his ass..
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    As above. He's telling you you've been caught out and you 'played your joker', 'lost a life' or any other euphemism for been give a chance. You haven't been fired, but you are being warned that you will be next time to do something wrong.

He's not replying because you are an annoying little g*t who caused damage to his business reputation with whoever you are working for.

You should not text him and get on with doing a good job so that you can get a good reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    As above. He's telling you you've been caught out and you 'played your joker', 'lost a life' or any other euphemism for been give a chance. You haven't been fired, but you are being warned that you will be next time to do something wrong.

He's not replying because you are an annoying little g*t who caused damage to his business reputation with whoever you are working for.

You should not text him and get on with doing a good job so that you can get a good reference.
    Listen get your facts right before you talk. You don't know which company I work for and what my job role is.

First of all I really was ill when I told them. Even though I was ill I could still do everyday things like Walk and even jog a little bit. Because of the nature of my work I have to lift heavy objects all day, therefore with my minor illness I felt like couldn't do it. There's no issue with that is there. Then for some reason I had to go to my town centre to get something and I saw something super cheap and was letting a friend know about it via text but I accidently sent it to my employer and it clearly stated that I,m in my local town center. Because if this he sent me the "Strike" text. Then I replied explaining everything in a SINGLE text but he didn't reply.

Usually he instantly replies.

Sp please tell me what you mean by "Played the joker" and "Lost a life."

ReputationRep:

Sp please tell me what you mean by "Played the joker" and "Lost a life."
    I think a reasonable interpretation is "don't do it again or you're fired"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.