Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the difference is with Albert Stern House and Albert Stern Cottages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SS15)
    Does anyone know what the difference is with Albert Stern House and Albert Stern Cottages?
    Albert Stern House is the Victorian building at 253 Mile End Road - facing out onto the street. It has 4 floors and each floor has two flats with the rooms built along a corridor. The bathroom and kitchen are shared between about 10 students (if I remember rightly, this is going back literally ages).

Albert Stern Cottages is a smaller, separate block of flats behind the main house (so it doesn't face out onto the Mile End Road). There's a very large kitchen and there are two en suite rooms, but the rest of the rooms have shared bathrooms.

Albert Stern and Ifor Evans are right next to eachother and Ifor Evans has a courtyard which is great for smoking shisha/other things and both are the closest halls to Drapers (the SU). In short, it's a pretty sociable place to be so you shouldn't be bored.

I lived in the Cottages when I was a first year and I was lucky enough to be in one of the en suite rooms - honestly, if I could, I'd happily buy my old room and go back and live there forever more. I have some seriously good memories of that old room :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Albert Stern House is the Victorian building at 253 Mile End Road - facing out onto the street. It has 4 floors and each floor has two flats with the rooms built along a corridor. The bathroom and kitchen are shared between about 10 students (if I remember rightly, this is going back literally ages).

Albert Stern Cottages is a smaller, separate block of flats behind the main house (so it doesn't face out onto the Mile End Road). There's a very large kitchen and there are two en suite rooms, but the rest of the rooms have shared bathrooms.

Albert Stern and Ifor Evans are right next to eachother and Ifor Evans has a courtyard which is great for smoking shisha/other things and both are the closest halls to Drapers (the SU). In short, it's a pretty sociable place to be so you shouldn't be bored.

I lived in the Cottages when I was a first year and I was lucky enough to be in one of the en suite rooms - honestly, if I could, I'd happily buy my old room and go back and live there forever more. I have some seriously good memories of that old room :moon:
    Oh okay, thank you! Do you know how many people have to share the bathrooms in the cottages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SS15)
    Oh okay, thank you! Do you know how many people have to share the bathrooms in the cottages?
    For some reason I'm thinking six? I'm not positive though, like I say this is going back ages and ages.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.