Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Some people say Leamington spa is the place to live, some say Kenilworth and others say Coventry. I've just finished four years of undergrad, so I don't necessarily need the exciting party area, however I don't want to live somewhere boring. I am just looking for somewhere that is a good balance between having an easy access to uni and being a somewhat nice area.

I want to get a one bedroom flat to live hopefully for the next few years. I hope current and previous students of Warwick uni can give me some advice.

ReputationRep:
    Coventry: Canley's a bit rough, but if you go to the Cannon Park end, you're very close to pretty much everywhere, in a nice area.
    Kenilworth: Nice area. Bit of a pain to get to without a car or bike (there's a cycle path straight to the uni).
    Leamington: Varies a fair bit. Not that bad, in general. Car or bus pass pretty much necessary.

In general, there aren't that many one bed flats around that I've been able to find, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Mid - north Leamington.

Canley/elsewhere other than Leamington really is the recluse of serious sportsman and those who take their degrees far too seriously.

Forgive my prejudices. I am going into my third year, and from my experiences anywhere other than Leamington and you will go without any real social life. Some people do thrive in the other areas, but they are genuinely a minority, and a very particular type.

The journey to Leamington is perfectly fine. I'd say I enjoy it. You exist in constant proximity to all of your friends, which for me is always important. Although the clubs are small and limited in number, everyone goes to the same events and you see familiar faces always. I really think to get the most of Warwick you need to live in Leamington. But making Leamington worth it would require some investment on your part to make a group of friends; but that is incredibly easy. There are a number of notoriously welcoming sports clubs like Mixed Netball/others who just group up to be friends and have crazy wild times. Put yourself out there and you'll reap the rewards of Leamington. If you're not going to commit to finding that group, you may as well go to Canley/Kenilworth.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a lot of postgrads live in Earlsdon in Coventry. Its not amazing, but has some nice restaurants, bars etc.

Canley is very close to the uni, but rubbish. Steer clear!

Leamington is very nice, but smaller properties are very pricey compared to Coventry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cakeymatey)
    Mid - north Leamington.

Canley/elsewhere other than Leamington really is the recluse of serious sportsman and those who take their degrees far too seriously.

Forgive my prejudices. I am going into my third year, and from my experiences anywhere other than Leamington and you will go without any real social life. Some people do thrive in the other areas, but they are genuinely a minority, and a very particular type.

The journey to Leamington is perfectly fine. I'd say I enjoy it. You exist in constant proximity to all of your friends, which for me is always important. Although the clubs are small and limited in number, everyone goes to the same events and you see familiar faces always. I really think to get the most of Warwick you need to live in Leamington. But making Leamington worth it would require some investment on your part to make a group of friends; but that is incredibly easy. There are a number of notoriously welcoming sports clubs like Mixed Netball/others who just group up to be friends and have crazy wild times. Put yourself out there and you'll reap the rewards of Leamington. If you're not going to commit to finding that group, you may as well go to Canley/Kenilworth.
    I'm in almost exactly the same position as the OP.

Is it worth considering Warwick as well? It's right next to Leamington, a bit cheaper( for 1 bed flats anyway), and not far - 3 miles according to Google. Or is this crazy talk and I should avoid it like a plague-ridden Karshadian.

I will have a car also, if that helps give your judgement.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I am going to be starting my masters at Warwick in September. I am looking to rent accommodation but have no idea where to look. Where would you recommend/what accommodation would you recommend in leamington spa where I would be able to meet other students from the University?

Thanks!

(Original post by Cakeymatey)
    Mid - north Leamington.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueSam3)
    Coventry: Canley's a bit rough, but if you go to the Cannon Park end, you're very close to pretty much everywhere, in a nice area.
    Kenilworth: Nice area. Bit of a pain to get to without a car or bike (there's a cycle path straight to the uni).
    Leamington: Varies a fair bit. Not that bad, in general. Car or bus pass pretty much necessary.

In general, there aren't that many one bed flats around that I've been able to find, unfortunately.
    Which one has the lowest accommodation rates, if anyone knows? (I'm not really in a situation where I can consider other aspects too much.)
    I've been looking for rooms mostly in Coventry, but now I'm wondering if I should search elsewhere, too.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aelys)
    Which one has the lowest accommodation rates, if anyone knows? (I'm not really in a situation where I can consider other aspects too much.)
    I've been looking for rooms mostly in Coventry, but now I'm wondering if I should search elsewhere, too.
    Thank you.

Canley's probably cheapest, Kenilworth probably the most expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.