The Student Room Group

Psychology at University

What's it like studying Psychology at University? In the First year are all modules core modules? Are you able to pick a selection of modules suited for yourself in the Second and Third year? :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by umaimah
What's it like studying Psychology at University? In the First year are all modules core modules? Are you able to pick a selection of modules suited for yourself in the Second and Third year? :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1200984

This answers a lot of questions.

Generally the first year you don't get to choose much, however in your third year, once you've completed most of the compulsary modules, you get to choose very specific modules to do and you choose a dissertation topic.
Reply 3
thank you for your reply:smile:
Is the A2 really difficult?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I just started psy this year and so far I love it. the cognitive is a bit complicated but nothing I cant tackle. would definitely advise it
Reply 6
What have you been learning in Cognitive so far? & does the course have a lot of maths involved?
Reply 7
For me, i think A2 is harder as I feel there is much more to remember! But it's different for every person:-)
Reply 8
Original post by umaimah
What have you been learning in Cognitive so far? & does the course have a lot of maths involved?

so far we've done attention, recognition (like face and object) and memory and we've moved onto Working memory model and long term memory now. this section did involve quite a lot of biology

we haven't done any maths at all so far but now we've moved onto stats so I think the maths is going to appear now
Reply 9
Ooh interesting sort of reminds me of what I learnt at A Level. All sounds good to me! Ah right well hope you are enjoying the course😃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending