Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm crying and I need advice (first time being apart from boyfriend is killing me) Watch

Announcements

So me and him have been together for some time (met in uni) and now that we graduated I'm back to my country. 6 weeks till I see him again.... I know it sounds stupid cuz you'll probably say 6 weeks is nothing but I swear it hurts so bad

As cheesy as it sounds, he really is my Romeo and we're both utterly in love... He means the world to me and I don't know how I can cope this long without being in his presence... (We do talk daily on whatsapp Skype but it's not the same, and if anything, it makes me miss him even more

My friends all traveled so I can't really talk to them about it and I can't exactly share this with any of my family members or relatives since I'm not out yet (yep, I'm a guy, surprise lol)

We're both 22 and this is my first proper relationship where I'm completely and madly in love with him and he feels the same...

Bottom line...6 weeks till I see him again... I don't know how to pass time... I got no friends here and it's so boring being at home.. Got no one to go out with... TV shows or book don't do much to distract me and I can't even listen to songs without thinking of him... It's been 2 days but it feels like a decade... It's torture and my heart hurts so much... I can't stand being apart from the love of my life..

I need ur advice tsr... Plz give me some tips... I'm dying over here
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Get applying for jobs where he is.

Other than that nothing will solve it long term, short term just occupy yourself with other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So me and him have been together for some time (met in uni) and now that we graduated I'm back to my country. 6 weeks till I see him again.... I know it sounds stupid cuz you'll probably say 6 weeks is nothing but I swear it hurts so bad

As cheesy as it sounds, he really is my Romeo and we're both utterly in love... He means the world to me and I don't know how I can cope this long without being in his presence... (We do talk daily on whatsapp Skype but it's not the same, and if anything, it makes me miss him even more

My friends all traveled so I can't really talk to them about it and I can't exactly share this with any of my family members or relatives since I'm not out yet (yep, I'm a guy, surprise lol)

We're both 22 and this is my first proper relationship where I'm completely and madly in love with him and he feels the same...

Bottom line...6 weeks till I see him again... I don't know how to pass time... I got no friends here and it's so boring being at home.. Got no one to go out with... TV shows or book don't do much to distract me and I can't even listen to songs without thinking of him... It's been 2 days but it feels like a decade... It's torture and my heart hurts so much... I can't stand being apart from the love of my life..

I need ur advice tsr... Plz give me some tips... I'm dying over here

Perpetually imagine him pooping.

ReputationRep:
    What country are you from?

ReputationRep:
    fake your death so you can be with him.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Le Nombre)
    Get applying for jobs where he is.

Other than that nothing will solve it long term, short term just occupy yourself with other stuff.
    That's what I did! I applied for jobs in his country and I'm just waiting for them to get back to me...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. 5 years ago when my partner still lived at home with his family, they made him go with him down to their caravan in England on holiday for 5 weeks and I felt lost without him since I was used to seeing him every day. After 3 weeks he left the caravan after an argument with his dad and he ended up moving out after that but the 3 weeks that he was away were hard.

We texted all day and called as much as we could but it just wasn't the same. When he was away I had no one else really as he was my best friend and was even my best friend before we started dating. I tried to keep myself busy, go out with my mum to town, watch movies/play games etc but everything reminded me of him. We were both 17 at that time and not used to being apart so it was hard for both of us. We're 22 now and tbh I can't imagine it being any easier now, maybe even harder because we have lived together for the last 3 years so I am even more used to seeing him 24/7 and since we've only had a few days apart here and there if I've been looking after my gran if she is ill, ever since that time he was away for 3 weeks.

My tips are since music/tv shows don't take your mind off it much, go for walks or exercise. That will not only be good for you but also burn off the frustration. Come on TSR as that can kill lots of hours plus there will be people who know exactly how it feels to go without a partner.

The thing to remember is that with every day that passes, he is one day closer to coming back

(Original post by Yasmin25)
    I know how you feel. 5 years ago when my partner still lived at home with his family, they made him go with him down to their caravan in England on holiday for 5 weeks and I felt lost without him since I was used to seeing him every day. After 3 weeks he left the caravan after an argument with his dad and he ended up moving out after that but the 3 weeks that he was away were hard.

We texted all day and called as much as we could but it just wasn't the same. When he was away I had no one else really as he was my best friend and was even my best friend before we started dating. I tried to keep myself busy, go out with my mum to town, watch movies/play games etc but everything reminded me of him. We were both 17 at that time and not used to being apart so it was hard for both of us. We're 22 now and tbh I can't imagine it being any easier now, maybe even harder because we have lived together for the last 3 years so I am even more used to seeing him 24/7 and since we've only had a few days apart here and there if I've been looking after my gran if she is ill, ever since that time he was away for 3 weeks.

My tips are since music/tv shows don't take your mind off it much, go for walks or exercise. That will not only be good for you but also burn off the frustration. Come on TSR as that can kill lots of hours plus there will be people who know exactly how it feels to go without a partner.

The thing to remember is that with every day that passes, he is one day closer to coming back
    Thank you so much! That really helped me. I wish I had someone like u to talk to

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.