Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do msc students graduate in winter if they submit a dissertation for summer deadline? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Title says it all really ^^

If we have to submit our masters dissertation say for mid august, then would we have to graduate in the winter graduation period?

or

Do Msc students who do a dissertation generally graduate during winter?

Any insights are appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is going to depend on the individual university/department, so you should really speak to your department to find out the answer.

ReputationRep:
    As above, it depends on the individual uni's schedule. You need to check with yours as it can vary quite wildly.

For my Masters, the diss hand-in deadline was mid-September. We had our final results in November and attended a December graduation ceremony three weeks later. Bit skin-of-the-teeth and you had to assume that you were going to pass the diss as the tickets & academic dress had to be ordered in October.

My current uni has Masters diss hand-in due mid-September, results before Christmas and graduation ceremony the November after that. Very long-drawn-out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.