Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What food/beverage should disappear? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So Russia is apparently going to ban fillet o' fish, McDonalds and some other nasty Western foods as part of their planned retaliation for sanctions.

Which foods or other comestibles would you be happy to see go without shedding a tear?

I wouldn't be distressed if the following foods were to disappear for ever from the shelves of supermarkets....

* Marmite

* Large bags of weird smelling snack foods with names like Boco, YumEat or SnackBomb (I made those up)

* Anchovies (hugely endangered species which continues to be flogged as safe)

* Tuna (help wipe out the dolphins - eat some more)

* Grated cheddar in bags

* Pot noodles (for the smell when cooked :eek:)

What would you neg from the food hall?

Be mean. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    oreos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JindleBrey)
    oreos
    Yeah! :five:

Ditto tacos and haribos afaiac.

ReputationRep:
    Corn syrup.

ReputationRep:
    Garlic and broccoli

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Garlic and broccoli
    That's like my two favourite things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluctant Economist)
    That's like my two favourite things.
    The smell of garlic makes me vom. I saw a disgusting pic on twitter which made me never look at broccoli the same way i used to so I went off it
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't ban any type of food, the freedom of choice is a luxury granted in a democracy, only cigarettes and some strong alcohols (strong spirits).

ReputationRep:
    The smell of garlic makes me vom. I saw a disgusting pic on twitter which made me never look at broccoli the same way i used to so I went off it
    You must hate Chinese food then? :'(

ReputationRep:
    You must hate Chinese food then? :'(
    Never tasted chinese food. Had sushi when I was like 12 but cant remember the taste

ReputationRep:
    Never tasted chinese food. Had sushi when I was like 12 but cant remember the taste
    Sushi is completely different to Chinese food! Yah I'm guessing you probably wouldn't like it if you don't like garlic. Most of it has it. I love it. I'm like a garlic addict.

ReputationRep:
    Sushi is completely different to Chinese food! Yah I'm guessing you probably wouldn't like it if you don't like garlic. Most of it has it. I love it. I'm like a garlic addict.
    Isnt sushi chinese

ReputationRep:
    Isnt sushi chinese
    Not sure if you are joking... :P

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if you are joking... :P
    Lmao xD

ReputationRep:
    Glad I'm not in Russia then.:eek: I love fillet o'fish.

I guess I'd ban certain brands of Greek yogurt. Or at least ban them from being consumed in public, like durian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    I wouldn't ban any type of food, the freedom of choice is a luxury granted in a democracy, only cigarettes and some strong alcohols (strong spirits).
    So... supervised freedom?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    So... supervised freedom?
    I class food in a different group to drugs, which are in a different group to weapons etc. Each group has different freedoms, food having the most (even with the health issues), and drugs (including alcohols and tobacco) have some limitations. You can call it supervised, and some may call it hypocrisy, but I call it good intentions.

ReputationRep:
    All meats.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely agree with marmite. Just the look the the jar makes me feel sick.

ReputationRep:
    Also, have moved the thread to food and drink.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.