Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does Leeds Law school offers any work placements or internships during the course?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sollom)
    Does Leeds Law school offers any work placements or internships during the course?
    Hi,

Thanks for your question!

Whilst work placements and internships are not organised by the School as an integrated part of the course, we do encourage and support students to take work placements alongside their studies. The School of Law provides support for students when it comes to finding work experience and applying for it. They also have some agreements with firms/organisations which provide opportunities exclusively to Leeds students, and in addition have a dedicated pro-bono officer who runs a lot of volunteering activities and projects in the community.

You can find out more about working pro-bono, volunteering your time, becoming a student ambassador and much more on the School of Law website. All of these will help improve your employability and get engaged with the local and legal community.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Amanda

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the information. Just wanted to know how much will I be able to earn during the internships?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    There's no definite answer to that I'm afraid. I think the majority would be unpaid or relatively low paid - internships are usually based on lower earnings in return for training and support from the company.

You can read more about internships on our careers centre website: http://careerweb.leeds.ac.uk/info/6/work_experience

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for a detailed response. I just want to ask will I be receiving any welcome pack from the University? I hold a conditional offer and have chosen Leeds as an insurance choice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.