Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm thinking of applying to York to study Maths and Finance for 2015 and I'm confused about the colleges; do you get to choose which college you're in or is it chosen for you? Also, can someone be given an offer if predicted the equivalent of 3 A's (typical offer) such as A*AB etc?? thanks! x
    PS: can someone tell me about Goodricke College - it looks really great on the uni website

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Unlike Oxbridge and Durham, you don't make a formal application to a college through UCAS. It's just dependent on what accommodation you end up getting when it comes to applying for that. But if, for example, I decided to live off campus in private accommodation, I could still become a part of any college as opposed to being part of a college because I live there.

As for grades, I think you'd be fine with those. If not, you'd probably be given an alternative offer but I think that's unlikely. Are there any subject specific grades you need? Like an A in Maths or something? If you meet specific requirements like that, you definitely don't need to worry.

Heslington East is generally really nice although a little quiet but I reckon that'll change by 2015. I'm living in Goodricke College come September and the accommodation looks great.

Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape monster)
    Hi. Unlike Oxbridge and Durham, you don't make a formal application to a college through UCAS. It's just dependent on what accommodation you end up getting when it comes to applying for that. But if, for example, I decided to live off campus in private accommodation, I could still become a part of any college as opposed to being part of a college because I live there.

As for grades, I think you'd be fine with those. If not, you'd probably be given an alternative offer but I think that's unlikely. Are there any subject specific grades you need? Like an A in Maths or something? If you meet specific requirements like that, you definitely don't need to worry.

Heslington East is generally really nice although a little quiet but I reckon that'll change by 2015. I'm living in Goodricke College come September and the accommodation looks great.

Good luck with your application!
    Hey, I'm aiming for an A in maths as it is an essential requirement and thank you so much, good luck in September!! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.