The Student Room Group

Found a hole inside my nose?!

Hi everyone.

I *know* this is something for the doctor, but a) I'm unsure if it actually warrants an appointment, and b) I can't ring for one until at least 8am anyway. Hence TSR :redface:

This morning I was looking in the mirror,and due to angle/lighting I noticed something weird in my nose. A small hole in my septum. I'm freaked out by this.

I left it for the day, rang my mum (she is a nurse, but currently on holiday) who said 'Don't worry, I'll look when I'm back on Monday.' She's relaxed about it, but honestly, I'm not...

I also noticed tonight, upon checking, there's a small mark in the other nostril. As if the hole is going to bore right through, if that makes sense.

This has seriously scared me. I'm 20, never tried any drugs/never smoked and very rarely drink. I don't pick my nose every living hour of the day. I don't see why this has suddenly appeared? (To be fair, it could have been there a while, but if it has, I don't see how I didn't see it before). I know it sounds like a tiny problem, but a hole just opening up in my nose has scared me. I'm terrified I might get a nosebleed (not a big fan of blood unfortunately) or the hole will get huge whilst I sleep, even though I know that's really rather unlikely.

What do you guys think? Should I see my GP or is this more common than I think? Maybe someone here has had a similar issue?

:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Might be handy for storage uses, keep it
It's not worth the risk; book an appointment and get it seen to!
Reply 3
You know, that was top of my list Jubz1 :tongue:

Ahh, thanks for the advice. I didn't want to book one and just go in to be told "Oh, this is common."

Ugh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest